Tied directly to the College of Engineering, NDSU’s largest college, this learning community welcomes first-year students studying in any area of Engineering. The College of Engineering helps connect students with faculty and advisors through regular interactions in the community. In addition, engineering student organizations interact closely with the students living in the community and provide opportunities to develop networks across campus. The Engineering Community is currently located in the high rise complex.
"Learning Communities like the Engineering Community has made the transition from high school to college much easier; I've made a lot of new friends in similar majors, which has been great for my schoolwork. It's been a great experience!"
-Peter, Mechanical Engineering
“Being in the Engineering Learning Community, we all love math and/or science! Since all of us started out at least in the engineering field we were connected by having someone in some of the same major and a lot of us in the same classes. I have seen it with my own eyes, the best of friendships have been made and it is most likely because of similar majors and seeing them all the time in classes!”
- Kari, Computer Engineering
What’s Happening in the Engineering Community:
- Tour local firms and businesses
- Academic advising session with faculty and students in the hall
- Engineering Career Expos
- Nibbling with Nerds: Networking event with upper division Engineering students
- Monthly social activities hosted within the community
- Interactions with Engineering Ambassadors and building networks with students experienced in the Engineering programs
- Connect and network with faculty across the college
How To Apply:
- Students in this community must be majoring in an area within the College of Engineering which includes:
- Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Construction Management
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Students wishing to participate in this community should complete the Engineering Learning Community Agreement.This is agreement upheld by all members of the community. Students are placed in the community on a first come, first serve basis.