LGBTQ+ and Ally Roommate Matching
The Department of Residence Life is committed to providing a safe and inclusive learning environment for all students who live on campus. The LGBTQ+ & Ally Roommate Matching process has been established for students who would like to room someone who identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, or is an ally (LGBTQA+).
To ensure we are communicating in a similar way, some definitions are needed. For the purposes of this process we will use the following:
- Ally: A member of a majority group who works to end oppression – in their personal and professional life – through support of and as an advocate for an oppressed group.
- Sex: the identification of being biologically female, male, or intersex. Sex refers to the reproductive capacity or potential.
- Gender: An individual’s self-conviction of being a woman, man, or another gender. This is not contingent of the individual’s biological sex or based on the individual’s sexual orientation.
Before completing the form, consider the following:
- This process is in place of MyCollegeRoomie
- The content in this form is confidential. Information provided in this form will be utilized to make a match with another participant in the program.
- The form should be submitted by Feb. 28 for incoming students. Forms/requests received after March 1 will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
- Outreach will be made through your preferred method of communication after submission of your form.
If you have questions about the process or the status of your request, contact Carol Jergenson, Assistant Director of Residential Education, at 701-231-5603 or Carol.Jergenson@ndsu.edu.
Note: If you already know who you would like as a roommate you do not need to go through this roommate matching process. Requests for a specific roommate must be mutual and both requests should be received by January 1 for priority consideration.