Transfer and International Exchange Student (TIES) Community
TIES Welcome Event August 2015
The purpose of the Transfer and International Exchange Student Learning Community is to provide a focus on the unique characteristics and needs of transfer and international exchange students. Residence Life has partnered with other departments in student affairs to provide attention and resources to help transfer and international exchange students make a stronger connection with the NDSU community, and succeed at a higher level both academically and personally.The TIES Learning Community is located in Niskanen Hall and is available to our upper division students or those who have lived on campus for at least two semesters.
What’s Happening in the TIES Community:
- Welcome Celebration in August
- Social activities to encourage connections and networking among students
- Ongoing communication about campus resources and events
- Community events, such as attending the Parade of Lights in downtown Fargo, Bison football games, International Night, and more!
Goals of the TIES Community:
Through participation and engagement in this community students will:
- Feel more connected to and engaged with the NDSU community as a whole
- Understand what academic and co-curricular resources are available to them as NDSU students
- Learn how to develop a support network of friends, faculty, and staff while attending NDSU
- Utilize multimedia resources (i.e. Blackboard, facebook, etc) to build academic and social networks
- Gain general knowledge to help acclimate to the Fargo/Moorhead community
How to apply
Students who wish to participate in this learning community should mark the Transfer and International/Exchange Student Community option on their residence hall application.
Pumpkin carving Fall 2015