Congratulations on your admission to NDSU! We would like to welcome you home to NDSU and Residence Life! One of the first steps you need to do after admission, is to apply for on-campus housing. Priority for room sign-up is determined based on the date you applied for housing, so the sooner you apply, the more likely you are to get your room and hall of choice!
Step One - Claim System ID
In order to apply for housing, you must use your claimed System ID. Not sure if you have claimed your new System ID? Click on the link to verify: http://claim.ndus.edu
Step Two - Apply for Housing
- After claiming/verifying your System ID, log into Campus Connection.
- Under "Self-Service," select "On-Campus Housing."
- Follow the prompts to complete your application, or view the instructional video below.
- Please do not use an iPad to apply or Google Chrome as your browser.
Step Three - Roommate Selection
There are four ways incoming freshmen can be matched up with a roommate--you choose what's right for you!
- Room with someone you know: If you know someone you would like to room with you may select that person once both of you have completed the online housing application. At that time, simply log back into Campus Connection, select Self Service, On-Campus Housing, and NDSU. Choose Roommate Selection from the top menu bar. For more help, a step-by-step instructional video can be found below.
- LGBTQ and Ally Roommate Matching: Residence Life is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all students who live on campus. The LGBTQA Roommate Matching process has been established for students who identify as LGBTQ and for those who are allies. Click for more information.
- My College Roomie: Match-up with someone new! Did you know that more than half of incoming freshmen live with someone new? My College Roomie is a program that helps you find your perfect roommate... just think of it as match.com, but for a college roommate! This option works best once we receive a majority of our applications, and therefore will be available to you this winter. A video for this process will posted below at that time. Keep checking back!
- Room assignment by Residence Life: Are none of the above options for you? Are you cool with whomever ends up in your room? No problem! You do not have to take ANY of the above steps to get an amazing roommate. By skipping the above steps, you will simply be paired with a roommate by Residence Life and notified of this pairing on Campus Connection.
Please remember that the later your application is received, the more difficult it is to accommodate roommate requests.
- You must be admitted to NDSU prior to applying for housing.
- All first-year students are guaranteed housing through the Department of Residence Life. Students who apply by March 1, 2019 are eligible to participate in the room self-selection process. Students who apply after March 1 will receive their assignment from Residence Life prior to attending on-campus orientation. Students who apply after all on-campus spaces have been filled, will be offered overflow spaces.
- If you qualify for an academic learning community, and space is still available, you will receive an email invitation to participate.
- Click here to learn more about the Residence Halls reserved for our first-year students.
Application - Instructional Video
Roommate Selection - Instructional Video
If you are receiving an error message while applying online, it is likely due to your browser's cookie settings.
To fix it, change browser settings to accept cookies.
Settings – Advanced – Content Settings – Cookies
Make sure “Block third-party cookies” is turned off
Options – Privacy and Security – History – Use Custom Settings for History
Make sure “Accept cookies from websites” is checked and “Accept third-party cookies” is set to “Always.”
Tools – Internet Options – Privacy – Advanced
Make sure “First-party Cookies” and “Third-party Cookies” are set to “Accept.”
Preferences – Privacy
Under “Block cookies,” select “Never.”
Still having problems? Contact:
NDUS Help Desk