Congratulations on your admission to NDSU! We would like to welcome you home to NDSU and Residence Life! One of the first steps you need to do after admission, is to apply for on-campus housing. Housing applications will be available online on October 7, 2019. You are encouraged to submit your housing application after admission to NDSU even if you have not made your final college choice at this time (applying for housing does not formally commit you to NDSU).
Priority for room sign-up is determined based on the date you applied for housing, so the sooner you apply, the more likely you are to get your room and hall of choice!
Step One - Claim System ID
In order to apply for housing, you must use your claimed System ID. Not sure if you have claimed your new System ID? Click on the link to verify: http://claim.ndus.edu
Step Two - Apply for Housing
- After claiming/verifying your System ID, log into Campus Connection.
- Under "Self-Service," select "On-Campus Housing."
- Follow the prompts to complete your application, or view the instructional video below.
- Please do not use an iPad to apply. Make sure your browser is set to accept pop-ups during the application process.
- You will not provide a hall preference or select a room during this step. You will select your hall/room in March - more information on the room self-selection process will be posted here in February.
Step Three - Roommate Selection
Looking for an awesome roommate? MyCollegeRoomie (MCR) is an online roommate matching tool that helps you find a roommate. Already know who you'd like to have as a roommate? That's great. Log into MCR anyway to create a profile, meet other students, and connect with your preferred roommate. Click here for more information.
- You must be admitted to NDSU prior to applying for housing.
- All first-year students are guaranteed housing through the Department of Residence Life.
- If you qualify for an academic learning community, and space is still available, you will receive an email invitation to participate.
Application - Instructional Video
If you are receiving an error message while applying online, it is likely due to your browser's cookie settings.
To fix it, change browser settings to accept cookies.
Settings – Advanced – Content Settings – Cookies
Make sure “Block third-party cookies” is turned off
Options – Privacy and Security – History – Use Custom Settings for History
Make sure “Accept cookies from websites” is checked and “Accept third-party cookies” is set to “Always.”
Tools – Internet Options – Privacy – Advanced
Make sure “First-party Cookies” and “Third-party Cookies” are set to “Accept.”
Preferences – Privacy
Under “Block cookies,” select “Never.”
Still having problems? Contact:
NDUS Help Desk