Congratulations on your admission to NDSU! We would like to welcome you home to NDSU and Residence Life! One of the first steps you need to do after admission, is to apply for on-campus housing.
Step One - Claim System ID
In order to apply for housing, you must use your claimed System ID. Not sure if you have claimed your new System ID? Click on the link to verify: http://claim.ndus.edu
Step Two - Apply for Housing
- After claiming/verifying your System ID, log into Campus Connection.
- Under "Self-Service," select "On-Campus Housing."
- Follow the prompts to complete your application, or view the instructional video below.
- Please do not use an iPad to apply or Google Chrome as your browser.
Step Three - Roommate Selection
- If you have someone specific you would like to room with, you may select that person once both of you have completed the online application. At that time, simply log back into Campus Connection, select Self Service, On-Campus Housing, and NDSU. Choose Roommate Selection from the top menu bar. For more help, a step-by-step instructional video can be found below.
- Please remember that the later your application is received, the more difficult it is to accommodate roommate requests.
- Residence Life is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all students who live on campus. The LGBTQA Roommate Matching process has been established for students who identify as LGBTQ and for those who are allies. Click for more information.
- You must be admitted to NDSU prior to applying for housing.
- All first-year students are guaranteed housing through the Department of Residence Life. Students who apply by January 15, 2018 are eligible to participate in the room self-selection process. Students who apply after January 15 will receive their assignment from Residence Life prior to attending on-campus orientation. Students who apply after all on-campus spaces have been filled, will be offered overflow spaces.
- If you qualify for an academic learning community, and space is still available, you will receive an email invitation to participate.
- Click here to learn more about the Residence Halls reserved for our first-year students.
Application - Instructional Video
Roommate Selection - Instructional Video
If you are receiving an error message while applying online, it is likely due to your browser's cookie settings.
To fix it, change browser settings to accept cookies.
Settings – Advanced – Content Settings – Cookies
Make sure “Block third-party cookies” is turned off
Options – Privacy and Security – History – Use Custom Settings for History
Make sure “Accept cookies from websites” is checked and “Accept third-party cookies” is set to “Always.”
Tools – Internet Options – Privacy – Advanced
Make sure “First-party Cookies” and “Third-party Cookies” are set to “Accept.”
Preferences – Privacy
Under “Block cookies,” select “Never.”
Still having problems? Contact:
NDUS Help Desk