Congratulations on your admission to NDSU! We would like to welcome you home to NDSU and Residence Life! One of the first steps you need to do after admission, is to apply for on-campus housing. You are encouraged to submit your housing application after admission to NDSU even if you have not made your final college choice at this time (applying for housing does not formally commit you to NDSU).
Priority for room sign-up is determined based on the date you applied for housing, so the sooner you apply, the more likely you are to get your room and hall of choice!
Step One - Claim System ID
In order to apply for housing, you must use your claimed System ID. Not sure if you have claimed your new System ID? Click on the link to verify: http://claim.ndus.edu
Step Two - Apply for Housing
- After claiming/verifying your System ID, log into Campus Connection.
- Under "Self-Service," select "On-Campus Housing."
- Follow the prompts to complete your application, or view the instructional video below.
- Please do not use an iPad to apply.
- You will not provide a hall preference or select a room during this step. You will select your hall/room in March - more information on the room self-selection process will be posted here in February.
Step Three - Roommate Selection
There are four ways incoming freshmen can be matched up with a roommate--you choose what's right for you! Click here for more information.
- You must be admitted to NDSU prior to applying for housing.
- All first-year students are guaranteed housing through the Department of Residence Life.
- Students who apply by March 1, 2019 are eligible to participate in the room self-selection process. Students who apply after March 1 will receive their assignment from Residence Life prior to attending on-campus orientation. Students who apply after all on-campus spaces have been filled, will be offered overflow spaces.
- If you qualify for an academic learning community, and space is still available, you will receive an email invitation to participate.
- Click here to learn more about the Residence Halls reserved for our first-year students.