From modern architectural planning to innovative residence hall design, Cater provides a state-of-the-art living environment for NDSU’s students. Cater also offers two suite options, co-ed floors, central air, and tunnel access to the WDC.
148,000 square feet of community: 8 community lounges, 10 conversation nooks, 10 study spaces with floor-to-ceiling views, and 10 tech’d out huddle rooms
Featuring: Multi-screen game room, theater screen, expansive community kitchen, double-sided fireplace lounge, and fully equipped rec room. A centralized coin-less laundry room is located on the main floor, and includes a study/social space, vending area, folding tables and more.
• Two-bedroom, four-person suite: Two double bedrooms that share a foyer with a private bathroom, shower and vanity with two sinks. As shown below in room renderings, there are two floor plans associated with this option.
• One-bedroom, two-person suite: One double bedroom that has a foyer with a private bath, shower and vanity with one sink. See below for room renderings.
• For bed, loft and linen information, click here.
Rates: Fall 2019 ($2,475); Spring 2020 ($2,025); Total ($4,500)
Important Notes: Meal plan is required.
Amenities and Features
- Every hall has its own unique amenities and features, but all halls offer the following: printing stations, onsite mail, coin-less laundry, cleaning supplies, cable and free video streaming services, rec lounges, study lounges, community kitchen, wifi, secure key-less card entrances, and a hall office where individuals can check out various games/videos/entertainment/rec equipment.
- Each hall also has a full-time hall director and student resident assistants (RAs) who support learning, facilitate community development, and are dedicated to students' security, safety and well-being.
- Co-ed Living: Suites in Cater Hall are single gender, but floors are mixed gender.
|USPS Mailing Format||Shipping via UPS, FedEx, etc.|
|Student Name||Student Name|
|Room Number Cater Hall||Room Number Cater Hall|
|PO Box 5904||1650 15th Ave N|
|Fargo, ND 58105-5904||Fargo, ND 58102|
Professor emeritus of English
Catherine Cater was a much-beloved and inspiring mentor and teacher to generations of NDSU students. Cater was widely known for her enthusiasm, curiosity, compassion and gentle humor; and she lived her life with a grace few can match.
She exuded an inner strength and displayed an incredible sense of humor and joy of life, and had a wonderful way of making you feel like a better person for being around her.
- NDSU President Dean L. Bresciani