- Located close to the academic buildings, as well as the Memorial Union
- Newly renovated traditional residence hall for first year males, completed in Fall 2017
- Spacious double rooms with high ceilings, two desks and two chairs
- Shared bathrooms with privatized bathroom stalls and showers on each wing of each floor; handicap accessible gender neutral bathrooms on each wing of each floor
- Central air conditioning; ability to control your own heat in the winter
- Full size lounges on the lower level, second and third floors
- Huddle rooms (study spaces) on second and third floors, both with technology capabilities
- Vending machines and full size kitchen located on lower level
- Centralized coin-less laundry on the lower level
- Meal plan required for all residents
- Bed and Linen Information
Amenities and Features
Every hall has its own unique amenities and features, but all halls offer the following: printing stations, onsite mail, coinless laundry, cleaning supplies, cable and free video streaming services, rec lounges, study lounges, daily newspaper service, community kitchen, wifi, secure keyless card entrances, and a hall office where individuals can check out various games/videos/entertainment/rec equipment.
Each hall also has a full-time hall director and student resident assistants (RAs) who support learning, facilitate community development, and are dedicated to students' security, safety and well-being.
|USPS Mailing Format||Shipping via UPS, FedEx, etc.|
|Student Name||Student Name|
|Room Number Churchill Hall||Room Number Churchill Hall|
|PO Box 5077||1300 Centennial Blvd|
|Fargo, ND 58105-5077||Fargo, ND 58102|
Room Photos & Renderings
The construction of Churchill Hall (originally Men's Residence Hall) began in 1927 after its plans and funding were approved by the State Legislature. The hall was to house 192 male students and six resident instructors. It would contain approximately 100 rooms measuring 14 by 14 feet with hot and cold running water and two in-a-door beds. The entire structure would be a three-story structure with a basement for recreational purposes (The Spectrum May 27, 1927, p.1).
Students moved in before the start of school in 1930, but the building still had no name. This did not deter students who called the building a "real home" and thought it to be "well equipped" with the "most modern accommodations" (NDAC Catalog 1931-1932, p. 29 and College and State, October 30, 1930, p. 29).
The modern accommodations were increased in 1939 when the Bachelor Kitchens were added to the basement. The use of the kitchens saved the male students, who used them, $17,000 on regular school expenses (The Spectrum August 25, 1939, p. 1).
In 1957, the Men's Residence Hall changed its name to Churchill Hall in honor of Omar O. Churchill who was a member of the School of Agriculture staff from 1904 to 1950. He served as dean of the School of Agriculture for two years and assisted President Shepperd with organizing the North Dakota Experimental Union (Beacon Across the Prairie, pp. 40, 52, 201).
In 2016/2017, Churchill underwent a complete renovation. The entire interior of the building was demolished and remodeled to provide: new building piping, fixtures, HVAC, heating and electrical systems; added ADA access; new egress windows to allow for lower-level living and community space; increased security features; privatized bathrooms; public kitchen; additional study rooms; and a large community space and recreational area.