Nine-story, high-rise residence hall for first year men and women
- Located near 15th Avenue North and Albrecht Boulevard
- Two double rooms share a common foyer with shower and toilet facilities (foyer cleaned regularly by custodial staff)
- Rooms and foyers have polished tiled floors
- Limited number of single rooms
- Every two floors constitute a house, with the even floor having a lounge and laundry room, and the odd floor having a study room and a balcony that overlooks the lounge space. These houses are intentionally built to be one cohesive community.
- Large lounge and vending machines on first floor
- Coinless laundry on floors 2, 4, 6, 8
- Study rooms on floors 3, 5, 7, 9
- Basement lounge includes a pool table, ping pong table, kitchenette, and tv room
- Tunnel access to the West Dining Center, a 24-hour computer cluster, and the ACE Tutoring Center
- The Residence Hall Association (RHA) and National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) offices located on first floor
- Meal plan required for all residents
- Bed and Linen Information
Amenities and Features
Every hall has its own unique amenities and features, but all halls offer the following: printing stations, onsite mail, coinless laundry, cleaning supplies, cable and free video streaming services, rec lounges, study lounges, community kitchen, wifi, secure keyless card entrances, and a hall office where individuals can check out various games/videos/entertainment/rec equipment.
Each hall also has a full-time hall director and student resident assistants (RAs) who support learning, facilitate community development, and are dedicated to students' security, safety and well-being.
Floors 8 and 9 of Seim Hall comprise the Wellness Community, in which residents focus on all dimensions of wellness. Community members also pledge to abstain from alcohol and tobacco use, both on and off campus. More information about the Wellness Community and other learning environments may be found here.
Seim Hall is home to three learning communities: Business Learning Community, Human Development and Education Learning Community, and Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences (AHSS) Learning Community. More information about these communities can be found here.
|USPS Mailing Format||Shipping via FedEx, UPS, etc.|
|Student Name||Student Name|
|Room Number Seim Hall||Room Number Seim Hall|
|PO Box 5477||1510 15th N Ave|
|Fargo, ND 58105-5477||Fargo, ND 58102|
Photos / Renderings / Floor Plans
*Please note that Seim suites only have one sink.
Floor plan for Seim single room.
Seim Hall History
Seim Hall (originally the West High Rise) was built in 1972 as the third in a series of nine-story high rise buildings. It housed 293 male and female students in two-story subdivisions alternating between seventy men and seventy women. The West High Rise was renamed Seim Hall in 1984 to honor Norm Seim, NDSU's Housing Director for twenty-two years.
Seim was originally from Pelican Rapids, Minnesota. He entered Moorhead State College in 1941 and earned a two-year teaching degree. Seim enlisted in the U. S. Army after the 1941-42 school year. He served for three years in the Southwest Pacific where he earned a commission as Second Lieutenant. In 1946, Seim enrolled at NDAC and graduated in the winter of 1949-50 with a degree in industrial engineering. In 1962, he became Director of Housing at NDSU. He retired in 1984 after twenty-two years of service to NDSU (It's Happening at State, June 27, 1984, p. 7-8).