- Located on the corner of 15th Avenue North and Albrecht Boulevard
- Nine-story, high-rise residence hall for first year men and women
- Two double rooms share a common foyer with shower and toilet facilities (foyer cleaned weekly by custodial staff)
- All rooms have tile floors, all lounges have carpet
- Limited number of single rooms
- Every two floors constitute a house, with the even floor having a lounge and study room, and the odd floor having another study room and a balcony that overlooks the lounge space. These houses are intentionally built to be one cohesive community.
- Main lounge on first floor includes a brand new HDTV, lounge seating, ping pong table, foosball table, and pool table
- Main study lounge on first floor with a moveable whiteboard and tables
- Vending machines on first floor
- Coinless laundry on each floor
- Kitchenette and lounge in basement
- Tunnel access to the West Dining Center, a 24-hour computer cluster, and the ACE Tutoring Center
- Meal plan required for all residents
- Bed and Linen Information
Amenities and Features
Every hall has its own unique amenities and features, but all halls offer the following: printing stations, onsite mail, coinless laundry, cleaning supplies, cable and free video streaming services, rec lounges, study lounges, daily newspaper service, community kitchen, wifi, secure keyless card entrances, and a hall office where individuals can check out various games/videos/entertainment/rec equipment.
Each hall also has a full-time hall director and student resident assistants (RAs) who support learning, facilitate community development, and are dedicated to students' security, safety and well-being.
Home to the Engineering and Business Communities
Sevrinson is home to the Engineering Community, which offers a special living environment to students with majors in the College of Engineering. More information about this community, as well as other learning environments, may be found here.
|USPS Mailing Format||Shipping via FedEx, UPS, etc.|
|Student Name||Student Name|
|Room Number Sevrinson Hall||Room Number Sevrinson Hall|
|PO Box 5438||1422 Albrecht Blvd|
|Fargo, ND 58105-5438||Fargo, ND 58102|
Photos / Renderings / Floor Plans
* Please note that Sevrinson suites only have one sink.
Floor plan for Sevrinson single room.
Sevrinson Hall was one of the two high-rises to be built on the NDSU campus in 1967 as part of the "Gemini Project." The "Gemini Project" was the construction of two identical high-rises (the other being Thompson Hall). The high-rise is a nine-story structure that houses 272 students.
In 1969, the high-rise was named Sevrinson Hall in honor of Charles Sevrinson, Dean of Students from 1948 to 1964. Sevrinson was born on May 6, 1898 at Reynolds, North Dakota. He graduated from Mayville State Teachers College in 1921. Sevrinson later attended the University of North Dakota earning a bachelor's degree in 1924 and a master's degree in 1930.
Sevrinson began his educational career as a one-room school teacher before becoming the superintendent at Reynolds, North Dakota and the junior high school principal at Williston, North Dakota. In 1928, he came to the NDAC as an instructor in history. In 1938, Sevrinson rose to the rank of Professor of Education, Dean of Men and Assistant to the President. In 1948, he was made Dean of Students. Sevrinson held this position until his retirement in 1964. He died in 1986.