- Located on the east edge of campus alongside University Drive North
- Traditional residence hall for first year males
- Spacious double rooms with study desks, bunks beds, and built-in dressers and closets
- First and second floor rooms are carpeted; third floor rooms are tiled
- Two lounge spaces, including a large air-conditioned TV lounge and an activities room with billiards, foosball and ping-pong
- Large, recently renovated community bathrooms with privatized bathroom stalls and showers; Handicap accessible gender neutral bathrooms
- Community kitchen complete with stove and oven, toaster, microwave, and sink
- Coinless laundry in lower level (basement)
- Hall office with items that can be checked out, including but not limited to: Xbox, Wii U, N64, cooking supplies, board games, vacuum, cleaning supplies, ping-pong supplies, billiard supplies
- Vending machines in the lower level (basement) available 24 hours a day
- Meal plan required for all residents
- Bed and Linen Information
Amenities and Features
Every hall has its own unique amenities and features, but all halls offer the following: printing stations, onsite mail, coinless laundry, cleaning supplies, cable and free video streaming services, rec lounges, study lounges, daily newspaper service, community kitchen, wifi, secure keyless card entrances, and a hall office where individuals can check out various games/videos/entertainment/rec equipment.
Each hall also has a full-time hall director and student resident assistants (RAs) who support learning, facilitate community development, and are dedicated to students' security, safety and well-being.
|USPS Mailing Format||Shipping via FedEx, UPS, etc.|
|Student Name||Student Name|
|Room Number Stockbridge Hall||Room Number Stockbridge Hall|
|PO Box 5378||1420 University Drive North|
|Fargo, ND 58105-5378||Fargo, ND 58102|
Room Photos / Renderings / Floor Plans
Stockbridge Hall History
In 1955 the State Legislature and the State Bank of North Dakota approved a $600,000 loan to the University for the construction of a new men's residence building. The building was completed in March 1957 and was ready for students the following year. The new residence hall housed 250 men--two men per room. Each room was furnished with two single beds, a chest of drawers and a built-in wardrobe as well as providing both occupants with their own study area (Fargo Forum December 16, 1955; NDAC Alumni Review, March 1957, p. 3).
The new building was a three-story structure measuring 410 feet by 60 feet. The first floor was, perhaps, the most attractive as it contained a furnished lounge with a television viewing area. It also housed the residence hall office and a private room for conferences or parental visits. A completely furnished guest room with a bathroom was also located on the first floor. The manager's apartment complete with a dinette, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom was located on the first floor. The basement contained a large recreation room and a large storage room for the students' luggage. The remaining floors were reserved for student rooms.
The new men's residence was named Stockbridge Hall in honor of the University's first president, Horace E. Stockbridge. Stockbridge was born in 1857 in Hadley, Massachusetts. He attended the Massachusetts Agricultural College and Goettingen University in Germany. He returned to the United States as an associate professor of chemistry at the Massachusetts Agricultural College before leaving to accept a position at the Imperial College of Agriculture and Engineering in Japan. Stockbridge left Japan in 1889 and came to the North Dakota Agricultural College in 1890 to serve as its first president, at the age of thirty-three. He resigned in 1893 and went to Florida State University where he was a professor of agriculture until 1906. Dr. Stockbridge died in 1930.