The purpose of hall government is to create connections and provide opportunities for the student voice.
Each hall is governed by a legislative body (hall government) consisting of executive officers, floors representatives and all residents of the hall. They serve a variety of functions, including setting a budget for the hall funds, purchasing equipment for the hall, discussing and offering solutions to problems occurring within the halls, and planning and implementing hall events. Hall governments meet on Wednesdays at 7pm, and are open to all students living in the halls.
Leadership Opportunities within Hall Government:
Below is a brief description of each leadership opportunity. Time obligations include the weekly Hall Government meeting on Wednesdays at 7pm, an Executive Board meeting every other week, and the specific position meeting time listed below.
- President: Serves as the leader of the Hall Government and its Executive Board, and facilitates the weekly meetings. The President shall serve as a representative of hall government to the Residence Hall Association (RHA). Residence Hall Association (RHA) Meetings are on Mondays at 7:00 p.m.
- Vice President: In the absence of the President, the Vice President will serve as the leader of the Hall Government and its Executive Board, and facilitates the weekly meetings The Vice President shall serve as a representative of hall government to the Residence Hall Association (RHA). Residence Hall Association (RHA) Meetings are on Mondays at 7:00 p.m.
- Administrative Directors: Serves as the treasurer and historian of hall government. This includes facilitating and maintaining the budget, taking minutes, and creating monthly newsletter. Administrative Directors Meetings meet twice a month and meeting TBD.
- Event Board Representative: Serves as the hall government liaison to the Event Board. Responsible for the planning and execution of campus wide events. Event Board Meetings are on Wednesday at 5:15 p.m.
- Campus Service Representative: Serves as the hall government liaison at the weekly meetings with campus departments. Campus Service Representative Meetings are on Thursdays at 6:00 p.m.
- Diversity Initiative Leaders: Serves as the hall government representative for all student lead diversity related initiatives. Diversity Initiative Leaders Meetings are on Tuesdays at 7:00 p.m. and occur twice a month.
- Floor/Building Representatives: Serves as the representative of their assigned community. Floor/Building Representative Meetings are once a semester and dates to be determined.
Click to view detailed Hall Government Leadership Position Descriptions.
Hall Government Application:
Hall Gov Applications are due Sunday, August 30 at 11:59pm.
- Applications will be accepted until Sunday, August 30 at 11:59 p.m.
- Candidates Campaign & Elections Meeting is Monday, August 31 at 6pm.
- Campaigning begins Monday, August 31 - Thursday, September 3.
- Elections will be Tuesday, September 1 – Wednesday, September 2.
- Election Results shared on Thursday, September 3.