Pavek Hall Government Application
Applications will be accepted until Sunday, August 28 at 11:59pm
Elections will be Tuesday, August 30 -Thursday, September 1, 2016
Election Results shared on Friday, September 2, 2016
- Preside at meetings of the Hall Government and Executive Board.
- Represent the hall at all functions which require representation.
- Put into effect all mandates passed by the Pavek Hall Government.
- Have authority to appoint committee.
- Set agenda for Hall Government meetings.
- Act as co-chair of hall elections.
- Act as a permanent Affiliate Member of RHA, per discussion with the Vice President.
- Assume the duties of the president in the event of the president’s temporary absence.
- Become president if the former president is unable to continue with the office.
- Act as co-chair of and appoint election board.
- Act as ex-officio member for all committees.
- Act as a permanent Affiliate Member of RHA, per discussion with the President.
- Work with the president and the advisors to create a budget proposal which will be presented to the full Hall Government body
- Maintain an accurate record of the Hall Government budget, keeping aware of how much has been spent or allocated from each part of the budget
- Meet with the advisors regularly to communicate the status of the budget, concerns, questions, and outstanding bills
- Report on the state of the Hall Government finances at each regular meeting
- Keep records or minutes of all regular Hall Government meetings
- Keep attendance records of all members
- Post copies of the minutes on the bulletin board in the lobby and submit copies of the minutes to the Hall Director and Residence Hall Association
Diversity Initiative Leader:
- Attend the fall diversity retreat
- Attend twice-monthly meeting with all the Diversity Initiatives Leaders (student leaders and RAs) and Assistant Director for Residence Education
- Meet with Hall Director/Assistant Hall Director and RA Diversity Initiative Leader twice a month
- Attend Hall Government Executive Board Meetings
- Report on what they are doing at Hall Government meetings
- Create monthly activities active and passive based on themes (First semester Res Life would provide some direction with themes. Theme Ideas: respect, kindness.)
- Present information that can educate your fellow executive board members
Programming Council Representative
- Required attendance at all Seim Hall Government meetings or find a suitable replacement.
- Represents the hall at all RHA Programming Council meetings.
- Plans, promotes and implements RHA-sponsored events.
- Reports on Programming Council initiatives at hall meetings.
- Plans and promotes social events between and within residence halls.
- Will conduct a minimum of one social program per semester
- Will participate in all Executive Board Training sessions/retreats.
- Will serve as a committee member for annual Seim Hall campus wide event.
Campus Service Representative:
- Attend Services Meetings
- Report back information from those meetings to the Hall Government
- Represent their Hall voice to various campus services
- Represent their Hall on various campus services issues
- Attend all Hall Government meetings, and if unable to attend a meting, find a replacement or it will be an unexcused absence
- Report at each Hall Government meeting on pertinent floorinformaiton
- Inform residents of Hall Government activities and decisions
- Assist Hall Government with planning and implementation of programs
- Executive Board meetings are once a week
- Hall Government meetings are once a week
- President/Vice President: Residence Hall Association (RHA) Meetings are on Mondays at 7pm
- Program Council Meetings are on Wednesdays at 5:15pm
- Diversity Initiative Leaders Meetings are on Tuesdays at 7pm (once a month)
- Other weekly meeting may be established by President or Advisor