Reed/Johnson Hall Government Application
Applications will be accepted until Sunday, August 30 at 11:59pm
Elections will be Tuesday, September 1-Thursday, September 3, 2015
Election Results shared on Friday, September 4, 2015
• Preside over the meetings of the Reed/Johnson Hall Government.
• Have the authority to appoint committee heads not previously designated.
• Coordinate all activities of the Reed/Johnson Hall Government.
• Represent Reed/Johnson at the Residence Hall Association meetings.
• Represent the Hall at all official functions that require his presence.
• Put into effect all mandates passed by the Hall Government.
• Appoint, with the advice and consent of the Hall Government, all persons to fill vacancies, which may occur in the Hall Government during the year.
• Meet with the Hall Director on a weekly basis.
• Preside at meetings in the absence of the President.
• Succeed the President when latter is unable to fulfill his obligations.
• Serve as an ex-officio member of all committees.
• Act as a permanent Affiliate Member of RHA, per discussion with the President.
• Handle all financial matters of the Reed/Johnson Hall Government, which include but are not limited to accounts, budgets, and requests for payment.
• Meet with the Hall Director weekly and maintain books that are consistent with ledger of the Hall Director.
• Keep a record of all Reed/Johnson Hall Government, Executive meetings, activities, keep roll of members, and handle all correspondence of the Hall Government.
• Submit a copy of the minutes of each meeting of the Reed/Johnson Hall Government to the Reed/Johnson Hall Director as well as posting a copy in the Hall no later than three days following the meetings.
• Keep a permanent file in which copies of this Constitution, policies, minutes of all meetings, committee reports, budget(s), and hall equipment shall be kept.
• The Historian will be responsible for the documenting of hall activities.
Diversity Initiative Leader:
• Attend the fall diversity retreat
• Attend monthly meeting with all the Diversity Initiatives Leaders (student leaders and RAs) and Assistant Director for Residence Education
• Meet with Hall Director/Assistant Hall Director and RA Diversity Initiative Leader twice a month
• Attend Hall Government Executive Board Meetings
• Report on what they are doing at Hall Government meetings
• Create monthly activities active and passive based on themes (First semester Res Life would provide some direction with themes. Theme Ideas: respect, kindness.)
• Present information that can educate your fellow executive board members
Programming Council Representative
• Required attendance at all R/J Hall Government meetings or find a suitable replacement.
• Represents the hall at all RHA Programming Council meetings.
• Plans, promotes and implements RHA-sponsored events.
• Reports on Programming Council initiatives at hall meetings.
• Plans and promotes social events between and within residence halls.
• Will conduct a minimum of one social program per semester
• Will participate in all Executive Board Training sessions/retreats.
• Will serve as a committee member for annual Seim Hall campus wide event.
Campus Service Representative:
• Attend Services Meetings
• Report back information from those meetings to the Hall Government
• Represent their Hall voice to various campus services
• Represent their Hall on various campus services issues
Ambassador to Weible:
• Attend weekly meetings at both Weible and Reed Johnson Hall
• Serve as a communicator between both halls.
1. Executive Board meetings are once a week
2. Hall Government meetings are once a week
3. President/Vice President: Residence Hall Association (RHA) Meetings are on Mondays at 7pm
4. Program Council Meetings are on Wednesdays at 5:15pm
5. Diversity Initiative Leaders Meetings are on Tuesdays at 7pm (once a month)
Other weekly meeting may be established by President or Advisor