Reed/Johnson Hall Government Application
Applications will be accepted until Sunday, August 28 at 11:59pm
Elections will be Tuesday, August 30 -Thursday, September 1, 2016
Election Results shared on Friday, September 2, 2016
- Preside over the meetings of the Reed/Johnson Hall Government.
- Have the authority to appoint committee heads not previously designated.
- Coordinate all activities of the Reed/Johnson Hall Government.
- Represent Reed/Johnson at the Residence Hall Association meetings.
- Represent the Hall at all official functions that require his presence.
- Put into effect all mandates passed by the Hall Government.
- Appoint, with the advice and consent of the Hall Government, all persons to fill vacancies, which may occur in the Hall Government during the year.
- Meet with the Hall Director on a weekly basis.
- Preside at meetings in the absence of the President.
- Succeed the President when latter is unable to fulfill his obligations.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of all committees.
- Act as a permanent Affiliate Member of RHA, per discussion with the President.
- Work with the president and the advisors to create a budget proposal which will be presented to the full Hall Government body
- Maintain an accurate record of the Hall Government budget, keeping aware of how much has been spent or allocated from each part of the budget
- Meet with the advisors regularly to communicate the status of the budget, concerns, questions, and outstanding bills
- Report on the state of the Hall Government finances at each regular meeting
- Keep records or minutes of all regular Hall Government meetings
- Keep attendance records of all members
- Post copies of the minutes on the bulletin board in the lobby and submit copies of the minutes to the Hall Director and Residence Hall Association
- The Historian will be responsible for the documenting of hall activities.
Diversity Initiative Leader:
- Attend the fall diversity retreat
- Attend twice-monthly meeting with all the Diversity Initiatives Leaders (student leaders and RAs) and Assistant Director for Residence Education
- Meet with Hall Director/Assistant Hall Director and RA Diversity Initiative Leader twice a month
- Attend Hall Government Executive Board Meetings
- Report on what they are doing at Hall Government meetings
- Create monthly activities active and passive based on themes (First semester Res Life would provide some direction with themes. Theme Ideas: respect, kindness.)
- Present information that can educate your fellow executive board members
Programming Council Representative:
- Required attendance at all R/J Hall Government meetings or find a suitable replacement.
- Represents the hall at all RHA Programming Council meetings.
- Plans, promotes and implements RHA-sponsored events.
- Reports on Programming Council initiatives at hall meetings.
- Plans and promotes social events between and within residence halls.
- Will conduct a minimum of one social program per semester
- Will participate in all Executive Board Training sessions/retreats.
- Will serve as a committee member for annual Seim Hall campus wide event.
Campus Service Representative:
- Attend Services Meetings
- Report back information from those meetings to the Hall Government
- Represent their Hall voice to various campus services
- Represent their Hall on various campus services issues
Ambassador to Weible:
- Attend weekly meetings at both Weible and Reed Johnson Hall
- Serve as a communicator between both halls.
1. Executive Board meetings are once a week
2. Hall Government meetings are once a week
3. President/Vice President: Residence Hall Association (RHA) Meetings are on Mondays at 7pm
4. Program Council Meetings are on Wednesdays at 5:15pm
5. Diversity Initiative Leaders Meetings are on Tuesdays at 7pm (twice a month)
6. Other weekly meetings may be established by President or Advisor