Sevrinson Hall Government Application
Applications will be accepted until Sunday, August 28 at 11:59pm
Elections will be Tuesday, August 30 -Thursday, September 1, 2016
Election Results shared on Friday, September 2, 2016
Hall Government Position Descriptions:
- Preside at meetings of the hall government and executive committee,
- Have the authority to appoint committee heads not previously designated
- Coordinate all activities of the Sevrinson Hall Government,
- Attend RHA meetings with the Vice President
- Appoint persons to fill elected positions if no one is elected to fill that position,
- Appoint persons to fill elected positions temporarily when they are vacated,
- Appoint a proxy or represent the hall at all functions requiring representation,
- Handle all necessary correspondence,
- Create and print out agendas for regular hall government meetings,
- Be able to vote only in the case of a deadlock ballot.
- Assume the duties of the President when the President is absent,
- Act as chairperson of all committees,
- Appoint members to all committees,
- Attend RHA on a weekly basis and speak for the residents of Sevrinson Hall,
- Serve as a liaison between RHA and the hall government,
- Report RHA information, events, and decisions at each regular meeting.
- Work with the president and the advisors to create a budget proposal which will be presented to the full Hall Government body
- Maintain an accurate record of the Hall Government budget, keeping aware of how much has been spent or allocated from each part of the budget
- Meet with the advisors regularly to communicate the status of the budget, concerns, questions, and outstanding bills
- Report on the state of the Hall Government finances at each regular meeting
- Keep records or minutes of all regular Hall Government meetings
- Keep attendance records of all members
- Post copies of the minutes on the bulletin board in the lobby and submit copies of the minutes to the Hall Director and Residence Hall Association
Diversity Initiative Leader:
- Attend the fall diversity retreat
- Attend monthly meeting with all the Diversity Initiatives Leaders (student leaders and RAs) and Assistant Director for Residence Education
- Meet with Hall Director/Assistant Hall Director and RA Diversity Initiative Leader twice a month
- Attend Hall Government Executive Board Meetings
- Report on what they are doing at Hall Government meetings
- Create monthly activities active and passive based on themes (First semester Res Life would provide some direction with themes. Theme Ideas: respect, kindness.)
- Present information that can educate your fellow executive board members
Programming Council Representative:
- Required attendance at all Sevrinson Hall Government meetings or find a suitable replacement.
- Represents the hall at all RHA Programming Council meetings.
- Plans, promotes and implements RHA-sponsored events.
- Reports on Programming Council initiatives at hall meetings.
- Plans and promotes social events between and within residence halls.
- Will conduct a minimum of one social program per semester
- Will participate in all Executive Board Training sessions/retreats.
- Will serve as a committee member for annual Seim Hall campus wide event.
Campus Service Representative:
- Attend Services Meetings
- Report back information from those meetings to the Hall Government
- Represent their Hall voice to various campus services
- Represent their Hall on various campus services issues
1. Executive Board meetings are once a week
2. Hall Government meetings are once a week
3. President/Vice President: Residence Hall Association (RHA) Meetings are on Mondays at 7pm
4. Program Council Meetings are on Wednesdays at 5:15pm
5. Diversity Initiative Leaders Meetings are on Tuesdays at 7pm (twice a month)
6. Other weekly meeting may be established by President or Advisor