Sevrinson Hall Government Application
Applications will be accepted until Sunday, August 30 at 11:59pm
Elections will be Tuesday, September 1-Thursday, September 3, 2015
Election Results shared on Friday, September 4, 2015
Hall Government Position Descriptions:
• Preside at meetings of the hall government and executive committee,
• Have the authority to appoint committee heads not previously designated
• Coordinate all activities of the Sevrinson Hall Government,
• Attend RHA meetings with the Vice President
• Appoint persons to fill elected positions if no one is elected to fill that position,
• Appoint persons to fill elected positions temporarily when they are vacated,
• Appoint a proxy or represent the hall at all functions requiring representation,
• Handle all necessary correspondence,
• Create and print out agendas for regular hall government meetings,
• Be able to vote only in the case of a deadlock ballot.
• Assume the duties of the President when the President is absent,
• Act as chairperson of all committees,
• Appoint members to all committees,
• Attend RHA on a weekly basis and speak for the residents of Sevrinson Hall,
• Serve as a liaison between RHA and the hall government,
• Report RHA information, events, and decisions at each regular meeting.
• Publicize events sponsored by hall government,
• Keep records/minutes of all regular hall government meetings,
• Keep attendance records of all members,
• Post copies of the minutes on the bulletin board in the lobby and submit copies of the minutes to the hall director.
• Can vote at Hall Government meetings.
• Work with the advisor to create a budget proposal which will be presented to the full hall government body,
• Maintain an accurate record of the hall government budget, keeping aware of how much has been spent or allocated from each part of the budget by keeping a running accounting of what has been allocated at each meeting,
• Meet with the advisor regularly to communicate the status of the account, concerns or questions,
• Report on the state of the hall government finances at each regular meeting.
• Can vote at Hall Government meetings.
Diversity Initiative Leader:
• Attend the fall diversity retreat
• Attend monthly meeting with all the Diversity Initiatives Leaders (student leaders and RAs) and Assistant Director for Residence Education
• Meet with Hall Director/Assistant Hall Director and RA Diversity Initiative Leader twice a month
• Attend Hall Government Executive Board Meetings
• Report on what they are doing at Hall Government meetings
• Create monthly activities active and passive based on themes (First semester Res Life would provide some direction with themes. Theme Ideas: respect, kindness.)
• Present information that can educate your fellow executive board members
Programming Council Representative
• Required attendance at all Seim Hall Government meetings or find a suitable replacement.
• Represents the hall at all RHA Programming Council meetings.
• Plans, promotes and implements RHA-sponsored events.
• Reports on Programming Council initiatives at hall meetings.
• Plans and promotes social events between and within residence halls.
• Will conduct a minimum of one social program per semester
• Will participate in all Executive Board Training sessions/retreats.
• Will serve as a committee member for annual Seim Hall campus wide event.
Campus Service Representative:
• Attend Services Meetings
• Report back information from those meetings to the Hall Government
• Represent their Hall voice to various campus services
• Represent their Hall on various campus services issues
1. Executive Board meetings are once a week
2. Hall Government meetings are once a week
3. President/Vice President: Residence Hall Association (RHA) Meetings are on Mondays at 7pm
4. Program Council Meetings are on Wednesdays at 5:15pm
5. Diversity Initiative Leaders Meetings are on Tuesdays at 7pm (once a month)
6. Other weekly meeting may be established by President or Advisor