Stockbridge Hall Government Application
Applications will be accepted until Sunday, August 30 at 11:59pm
Elections will be Tuesday, September 1-Thursday, September 3, 2015
Election Results shared on Friday, September 4, 2015
• Lead Hall Government meetings
• Attend most RHA meetings and report back to the halls
• Create agendas for Hall Government meetings
• Show up to RHA meetings with the Supreme Leader
• Preside over meeting when the Supreme Leader is absent
• Assist Supreme Leader in Hall Government and RHA proceedings.
• Assist the President in his duties
• Keep a record of all Stockbridge Hall Government meetings and activities, keep roll of members, and handle all correspondence of the Stockbridge Hall Government;
• Submit a copy of the minutes of each meeting of the Hall Government to the Stockbridge Hall Director;
• Submit a copy of the minutes of each meeting of the Hall Government to the RHA Secretary.
• Handle the financial matters of Stockbridge Hall which include, but are not limited to, budgets and requests for payment.
Diversity Initiative Leader:
• Attend the fall diversity retreat
• Attend monthly meeting with all the Diversity Initiatives Leaders (student leaders and RAs) and Assistant Director for Residence Education
• Meet with Hall Director/Assistant Hall Director and RA Diversity Initiative Leader twice a month
• Attend Hall Government Executive Board Meetings
• Report on what they are doing at Hall Government meetings
• Create monthly activities active and passive based on themes (First semester Res Life would provide some direction with themes. Theme Ideas: respect, kindness.)
• Present information that can educate your fellow executive board members
Programming Council Representative
• Required attendance at all Stockbridge Hall Government meetings or find a suitable replacement.
• Represents the hall at all RHA Programming Council meetings.
• Plans, promotes and implements RHA-sponsored events.
• Reports on Programming Council initiatives at hall meetings.
• Plans and promotes social events between and within residence halls.
• Will conduct a minimum of one social program per semester
• Will participate in all Executive Board Training sessions/retreats.
• Will serve as a committee member for annual Seim Hall campus wide event.
Campus Service Representative:
• Attend Services Meetings
• Report back information from those meetings to the Hall Government
• Represent their Hall voice to various campus services
• Represent their Hall on various campus services issues
1. Executive Board meetings are once a week
2. Hall Government meetings are once a week
3. President/Vice President: Residence Hall Association (RHA) Meetings are on Mondays at 7pm
4. Program Council Meetings are on Wednesdays at 5:15pm
5. Diversity Initiative Leaders Meetings are on Tuesdays at 7pm (once a month)
6. Other weekly meeting may be established by President or Advisor