Type of Bed by Residence Hall
Note: Mattresses in all residence halls (except Weible) are extra-long (36”x80”). Weible Hall has twin size mattresses. The Residence Hall Association has partnered with Residence Hall Linens to provide our students with a convenient, affordable way to purchase sheets and bedding items, as well as other campus-living necessities. All items ship directly to your home over the summer, and proceeds from this program go to the Residence Hall Association and are used for programming in the residence halls. Please visit the RHL website http://www.rhl.org/nds or call (800) 957-4338.
- Raises bed frame up to 60 inches off the floor
- Moveable desks can fit under loft.
- Bed frame can be adjusted 20 different heights
- Mattress size is XL twin (Note: Weible has regular twin size mattresses)
- LLC West
- Weible (Beds are bunkable)
- These beds cannot be bunked
- Reed/Johnson Double w/ Study and Triple/Quad rooms have junior lofts
- Churchill Triple rooms have junior lofts
- Raises bed frame up to 36 inches off the floor
- Provides extra storage space
- Bed frame can be adjusted 11 different heights
- Two junior loft beds can create bunk beds
- XL Twin size mattress
- LLC East
*Note: In Dinan and Stockbridge Hall, students are actually provided two headboard and footboard sets per person. A student may choose to have her/his bed at 36 inches or less off the floor if using only one set. Additionally, she/he may choose to use both sets together, stack the bed frames, and loft her/his bed up to 60 inches in height.
Standard Oak Bed
- Two standard oak beds can create bunk beds
- 75 inch long mattress (XL twin sheets are recommended for this mattress)
Standard Metal Bunk Bed Set
- Beds can be separated to create individual beds
- XL twin size mattress
Standard Metal Beds
- Ideal for loft rental kits because legs require less storage than wooden head/footboards
- Sturdy frame with built-in spring support
- XL twin size mattress
- E rooms in Sevrinson and Thompson have junior lofts
CSI Loft System (2016-2017)
These loft systems are available for rent through CSI, Inc. (www.csilofts.com) NDSU works with this specific vendor to ensure that the current bed frames fit the rental loft kit. These are the only outside lofts allowed in the NDSU residence halls. If you choose to rent a loft, your current frame will be used but any leftover bed legs and/or end pieces must be stored in your room.
- Raises bed frame 60 inches off the floor
- Easy To Assemble - in just minutes, no tools required
- Set Up as Bunk Bed - the second bed can be slid underneath
- Available for rental in Burgum, Sevrinson, Thompson, Pavek and Seim.