For floor plans, room renderings, etc. visit the Specific Hall Information portion of our website.
Your room includes:
- Internet access
- Basic cable TV service with 50+ channels, including Reslife Cinema and mtvU
- Window coverings (blinds or curtains)
- Wardrobe/dresser, desk and chair
- Single bed with extra long 80" mattress
- ALL UTILITIES - heat/water/garbage/electricity
Things you SHOULD bring:
- Clothes hangers
*Pavek, Niskanen, Seim, Burgum, and the Mathew Living/Learning Centers have air conditioning. In the rest of the halls you will want to bring a fan.
- Linens and pillow
*Extra long twin sheets for your bed.
- Towels or washcloths
- Alarm clock
- Reading light (not halogen)
- Surge protector - U.L. approved
- Adequate renter's insurance
- White poster putty or 3M removable mounting squares - no nails or tacks in the walls, please
- Laundry detergent
- All residence halls have coinless laundry, paid for by your hall dues, so no need for a bag of quarters.
Things you CAN bring:
- Computer (don't forget an ethernet cable for connecting to the internet for the quickest, most secure connection)
- We have many computer clusters on campus that are available 23 hours a day (All computer clusters are closed for preventative maintenance every night from 2:30 am to 3:30 am).
- Small bookcase
- Refrigerator (5 cubic ft or less)
- Microwave (1000 watts or less)
- Favorite chair (Can only bring signal seaters)
- Large area rug, throw rug or carpet (urethane or jute back- no taping, please)
- Small entertainment center
- TV set and cable cord
- Coffee maker with automatic shut off
Available to you:
- Light bulbs
- Each hall has a kitchenette located in a common area.
*These include ovens and sinks.
**The Living Learning Center East and West and Niskanen Hall have kitchens in all units.
- Cleaning supplies
- Each residence hall has a trash room where students can find cleaning supplies, garbage bags, recycling bins, and places to put their full garbage bags.
- Toilet paper in restrooms (except the LLC and Niskanen)
- Washers and Dryers - coinless, money are not needed
- Newspaper service - daily delivery of USA Today, Star Tribune, and Fargo Forum papers
Things to leave at home:
- Candles, incense and candle warmers
- Couches, loveseats and futons(or other furniture that seats more than one person)
- Space heaters
- Halogen lamps (floor or desk)
- Purchased or home-built lofts (but lofts may be rented from CSI if so desired)
- Bed risers
- Alcohol and alcohol containers of any kind
- Exercise and weight lifting equipment
- Pets - except fish in a 10 gallon or less aquarium
- Hot plates, toasters, bread makers, or any appliance with an open heating element
- Wireless Routers
- Outlet splitters
- Paintball and Airsoft guns
- Portable air conditioners