A sociology major consists of 38 credits. Of these credits, 17 are Core Foundation Credits:
- ANTH 111, Introduction to Anthropology (3)
- SOC 110, Introduction to Sociology (3)
- SOC 340 Social Research Methods (3)
- SOC 341, Social Research Methods Lab (1)
- SOC 422 Development of Social Theory (3)
- SOC 489 Senior Capstone in Sociology (1)
- STAT 330, Introductory Statistics (3)
Four Anchor core courses are required:
- SOC 115, Social Problems (3)
- SOC 214, Social Interaction (3)
- SOC 233 Sociology of Organization & Work (3)
- SOC 235, Cultural Diversity (previously Soc 202 Minorities & Race Relations) (3)
The last 9 credits can be any sociology course.
A student is also required to take 40 general education credits and 12 college requirement credits.
Advising form for Sociology majors.
The department has developed several occupational tracks to help students better understand what areas of employment they can pursue. The tracks options will give a list of potential employers, potential job titles and/or fields along with suggest curriculum choices and skills one would have after completing the tracks. They are:
A sociology minor consists of 18 credits. They include ANTH 111, SOC 110, any two of the following: SOC 115 or 116, 214, 233 or 235, plus 6 credits of any 300-400 level sociology course.
Advising form for Sociology minor.