The NDSU Staff Senate was established with the encouragement and approval of the President of the University on January 1, 1990.
NDSU Staff Senate Mission
NDSU Staff Senate addresses the needs and aspirations of university staff by promoting a progressive campus environment.
- Monthly meetings of the Staff Senate are open to all staff.
- The agenda generally includes a guest speaker, committee reports, and discussion of current issues.
- Meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month at 9:30 a.m. Refer to the meeting information page for location and agenda.
- An ongoing awards program recognizing students, staff, and faculty for contributing to NDSU success.
- Award recipients are recognized in the Messenger newsletter, in a picture display handing in the Memorial Union, and on the Campus Kudos Recipients page.
- To submit a nomination, go to the Campus Kudos page.
Composition of the NDSU Staff Senate
Membership in Staff Senate consists of approximately 5 percent of the members of the broadbanded staff. Sixty senators make up the various categories of the Senate: Professional, Technical, Office, Crafts & Trades, and Service. Each member serves a two-year term.
Staff Senate members serve on one or more Staff Senate committees. In addition, Staff Senate will elect members to University Senate Committees and ad hoc groups as requested.
Activities Sponsored by Staff Senate
Among the activities sponsored by Staff Senate are Employee Recognition Week, the Scholarship Fund awards for classified staff members and their families, Staff Development programs, Campus Kudos awards, the annual Mary McCannel Gunkelman Recognition Award, NDSU Day of Honor, and the annual Holiday Extravaganza.
For any questions or comments feel free to Contact Staff Senate
Staff Senate celebrated our 30th Anniversary in 2020! Check out this video to help us celebrate our 30th Anniversary of giving NDSU Staff a voice on campus!