Ongoing Events & Activities
- Monthly meetings of the Staff Senate are open to all staff.
- The agenda generally includes a guest speaker, committee reports, and discussion of current issues.
- Meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month at 9:30 a.m. Refer to the meeting information page for location and agenda.
- An ongoing awards program recognizing students, staff, and faculty for contributing to NDSU success.
- Award recipients are recognized in the Messenger newsletter, in a picture display handing in the Memorial Union, and on the Campus Kudos Recipients page.
- To submit a nomination, go to the Campus Kudos page.
- The Messenger newsletter serves to inform the NDSU community about staff activities and awards.
- Published three times each academic year (September, December, and March), the Messenger is available both in print and on the Messenger page of this site.
- For more information or to contribute a story, contact the Public Relations Committee chair.
Discover U Spring 2016
What: Budgeting and Investing 101: Planning today for your Tomorrow
Who: Jenna Boerger from The Village Finanical Resource Center and Hannah Sorensen from Thrivent Financial
When: February 24, 2016 from 8:30-12pm. Registration and continental breakfast is from 8-8:30am and lunch will be served afterward the presentation around 12pm.
Where: Great Plains Ballroom in the Memorial Union
Cost is $20
About Jenna Boerger: She is currently a Finanical Counselor with The Village Financial Resource Center. She counsels clients on various financial matters, such as pre-purchase homebuyers, budgeting and money management, credit scores and reports, reverse mortgages, and debt elimination. She received her Bachelor's degree from Concordia College and an MBA from NDSU.
About Hannah Sorensen: She established her own financial services practice with Thrivent Financial in 2012. She is a financial professional with a passion for empowering and education individuals to help them reach their goals and dreams. Building long-term relationships is very important to her and is key to her practice. Hannah takes a unique, values-based approach to financial guidance. She begins by identifying what's most important to her clients and works with them to connect their values to their investments. She graduated from NDSU with a double major in Marketing and Business Administration. Working at small businesses in both architecture and fashion gave Hannah the background and experience to help her run her own business. Hannah is actively involved in the community and serves on various boards. She is a 2013 graduate of the United Way 35 under 35 Women's Leadership program.
To register, click here.
Discover U 2.0- Equine Guided Learning
Monday, May 23, 2016, 1 - 4 PM
Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 1 - 4 PM
$20 per attendee
Registration information will go out later this spring.
Past Staff Senate Anniversary Celebrations
Staff Senate 20th Anniversary
Mark your calendars to attend the Staff Senate 20th Anniversary.
Please join us as we celebrate the accomplishments of Staff Senate over the past twenty years.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Great Room, Upper Level Memorial Union