Each year, the NDSU Volunteer Network honors a student with the Sarah Martinsen Outstanding Service Award. Sarah Martinsen, a junior at NDSU on her first STLF Pay it Forward Tour, passed away in Pensacola, Florida on March 16, 2010. Everyone who knew Sarah could tell you that she was a young woman with a passion to serve. The NDSU Volunteer Network has made a commitment to remember Sarah with this special annual award. In addition to the recognition, the recipient will receive a $500.00 scholarship to put towards the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Nominee must be a student at NDSU during the Fall 2021 semester (when award will be applied).
- Nominee must exemplify authentic citizenship characteristics and have a strong commitment to the world around them.
- Nominee must have performed numerous selfless acts of service for others throughout the community.
- Nominations are to be submitted on behalf of individuals who have worked to positively impact the community through service and civic engagement.
- Volunteer service may not bea paid job for the nominee.
- Applications may be submitted by individuals, groups or agencies.
- Applications must be submitted using the form below by Friday, April 16, 2021.
- In addition to the application questions, at least one letter of recommendation must be submitted. Letter of recommendation must be written by someone other than the nominator.
Check back next spring for nomination information!
Any questions about this award can be directed to Nicole Askew, Coordinator for Campus Activities, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-231-7161.