EMERGENCY SERVICES: Click here for a list of after-hours and emergency care
Emergency Care: Dial "911" in all instances of medical emergency. Do not delay urgent treatment by attempting to bring a patient to the Student Health Service.
Services Offered at Student Health Service
See Below Drop Down Menu Items:
Health Care Services
Student Health Service offers health care services including, but not limited to, the following.
This is NOT an all-inclusive list of medical conditions/concerns that our providers are able to address, so please contact us if there are any questions about the care we can provide.
- Acute Care:
- Cold, flu, fever
- Common infections (respiratory, urinary tract, skin, etc.)
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or other GI concerns
- Orthopedic or sports-related injuries
- Simple laceration repair
- Mental Health:
- ADHD management (we do not perform ADHD testing)
- Eating behavior concerns
- Preventative Care:
- TB testing
- Gynecological exams
- Primary Care:
- Allergy injections & maintenance
- Chronic conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, hypertension, etc)
- General medical care
- Physical exams (routine, sports, etc.)
- Sexual Health:
- Contraception/birth control planning
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) screening and treatment
- And more!
Medical Laboratory Services
- The Medical Laboratory is a CLIA certified laboratory
- Testing is performed for diagnostic purposes on samples including:
- throat and nasal swabs
- and more!
- Outside lab orders are accepted
- Staffed by licensed laboratory professionals
- Lab Tests Online
- Digital X-ray images completed using computed radiography (CR) technology
- X-ray exam images can be burned to a CD by patient request. Patients need to fill out an Authorization and Request to Release Medical Information form.
- Outside x-ray orders are accepted as long as they meet the following criteria:
- Date of order
- Ordering provider's name printed and signed
- CPT code of x-ray exam to be performed associated with a reason for exam
- Diagnosis code
- Instructions where to send final report
- Staffed by a licensed Radiologic Technologist
- Images professionally read by a licensed Radiologist
- Patients needing MRIs, CT scans, mammograms, ultrasounds or other specialized imaging are referred to an outside provider in the community
Resources for Healthcare Outside NDSU SHS
Chiropractor Services: list of chiropractors in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
Dental Services: list of dentists in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
International Travel / Travel Abroad Vaccinations
International Travel/Travel Abroad Vaccinations:
Fargo Cass Public Health
Optometry Services: list of optometrists in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
Physical Therapy: list of physical therapists in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
This page is intended to act as a resource for students looking to find healthcare services outside of NDSU. Please note this list is for convenience and is not all-inclusive. Students should feel free to search additional options.