Coronavirus (COVID-19) & Cold and Flu Season Reminders
As in any cold and flu season, and with recent attention on the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the most important things to do to keep yourself healthy are:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are ill it is important to stay home!
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Most importantly, wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your cough or sneeze and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
It is not too late to get your flu shot! Students can schedule an appointment online through the Student Health Portal or by calling 701-231-7331. Staff and faculty should check with their healthcare provider.
The CDC reports that COVID-19 symptoms include fever, cough and shortness of breath will appear in as few as 2 days or as long as 14 days after exposure. It is not necessary to wear a mask for protection if you are not showing any of the symptoms described above. If you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19 and require medical attention, contact your healthcare provider prior to your appointment.
The NDSU Safety Office has a website with more information regarding this evolving situation. The Safety Office has also created an email account students can use for questions concerning this topic at email@example.com.
Other sources for COVID-19 information:
- ACHA (American College Health Association) COVID-19 Resources
- ACHA (American College Health Association) COVID-19 Updates
- CDC Guidance for Student Foreign Travel for Institutions of Higher Education
- CDC Travel Quarantine Orders
- ND Department of Health - COVID-19
- ND Department of Health - COVID-19 Behavioral Health Resources