Student Health Service remains open to students for in-person and telehealth appointments. All in-person appointments are screened using guidelines published by state and federal public health agencies. If an individual screens positive, the student's symptoms are reviewed to determine if COVID-19 testing is needed. COVID-19 testing can be done at Student Health Service for individuals who meet testing criteria. If a student tests positive, the North Dakota Department of Health is notified and they will perform contact tracing to determine other individuals who may have been exposed.
All students are asked to wear a mask when presenting to Student Health Service. If a student does not have their own, one will be provided.
Steps to Stay Healthy
- Follow CDC recommendations on How to Protect Yourself & Others.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick (remain at least 6 feet away).
- If you are ill it is important to stay home!
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your cough or sneeze and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, students may contact Student Health Service or a local health care facility.
Symptoms, Testing & Statistics
Individuals with COVID-19 may report a wide range of symptoms. Symptoms may occur 2-14 days after exposure or some individuals are asymptomatic (do not exhibit symptoms). Please see the CDC website for a current list of symptoms. Individuals experiencing symptoms, or those who have been in close contact with a lab confirmed COVID-19 case, should contact Student Health Service or their local health care facility to determine next steps.
Student Health Service offers COVID-19 testing to enrolled and eligible students who meet criteria. Tests are sent to the ND Department of Health to run the sample to determine if it is positive or negative. There is currently no charge for the test, however, this is subject to change without notice. Please call Student Health Service for current pricing.
Resources for COVID-19 Information
- ACHA (American College Health Association) COVID-19 Resources
- ACHA (American College Health Association) COVID-19 Updates
- CDC Guidance for Student Foreign Travel for Institutions of Higher Education
- ND Department of Health
- ND Deparment of Health Travel Quarantine Orders
- ND Department of Health Behavioral Health Resources
- NDSU Admissions - Student Update for Fall 2020 Preliminary Plan
- NDSU Safety Office - COVID-19 Preparedness and Response