If you have any questions regarding immunizations, you can contact Student Health Service by phone at 701-231-7331 or email email@example.com.
Please note this email account is ONLY for immunization questions. If you have a concern regarding a health condition, please call 701-231-7331 and ask to speak to a nurse.
Immunization Requirements For All Students:
North Dakota State University requires the following immunizations for all enrolled students.
The Immunization Documentation Form is available to use for submitting records but it is not required.
Deadlines for submitting documentation:
Fall Semester = August 1
Spring Semester = January 1
Summer Semester = May 1
**Exception for International Students who may receive their vaccinations upon arrival to North Dakota
MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) - MMR Information (CDC link)
- 2 doses are required starting after age 1
- Must have at least 28 days between dose 1 and dose 2
- Can be given as separate or combined vaccine
- Will accept titer results as an acceptable form of documentation if test proves immunity. Must submit copies of lab results with values shown. (A titer is a blood draw that tests for immunity in the blood)
Meningitis (Meningococcal) - Meningitis Information (CDC link)
- All students 21 years of age and younger must provide documentation of vaccination of Meningitis
- Vaccination must be AFTER age 16
- NOTE: Meningococcal-B is a separate Meningitis vaccination. It does NOT meet the NDSU requirement.
- Any student who has lived in or traveled to a country for more than 30 days where there is a high incidence of tuberculosis (TB) should contact Student Health Service and ask to speak to a nurse to determine if TB screening is necessary.
- ALL International Students must schedule an appointment at Student Health Service for an International Student Screening appointment. A nurse will determine if TB testing is necessary.
- This screening appointment must be scheduled prior to or within one week of arrival at NDSU.
- Immunizations will be accepted from other countries only if they are translated in English, however, TB testing will not be accepted.
- Immunizations may be received upon arrival to NDSU (International Students are an exception to the deadline listed above).
- DO NOT have any immunizations given 30 days prior to your arrival at NDSU.
- See International Student and Study Abroad Services website for more information on orientation.
Submit Your Records:
All documentation must contain the student's name, date of birth and student ID number. Records must have a health care provider's signature or have the facilities heading in order to be accepted. Records may be submitted through the following:
Upload to the Student Health Portal
- Log-in to the Student Health Portal by using your NDSU electronic ID (example: Blackboard)
- One you are logged in, click on the upload tab. There will be further instructions on this page on how to upload your records.
Fax records to 701-231-6132
Resources for Finding Immunization Records:
These are a few resources that students may use to locate copies of immunizations. You may also use the Immunization Documentation Form, but it must be signed by a health care provider.
- State immunization registry
- Primary care providers
- Military records
- High School transcripts
Available Immunizations at Student Health Service:
See below menu items:
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccine
MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Vaccine
Meningococcal (Meningitis) Vaccine
- Meningitis Information - CDC link
- We do NOT offer the Meningitis-B vaccine