United Healthcare Student Resources (UHCSR)
Below are some resources to explore more information for the plans offered through United Healthcare Student Resources. We encourage you to contact United Healthcare directly if you have specific questions regarding coverage, costs, or would like additional information.
United Healthcare Customer Service:
- Explore each policy for more information on each plan
- Find In-Network Providers & Pharmacies
- Frequently Asked Questions page
North Dakota University System:
NDUS information page - additional information regarding enrollment, plan coverage periods, premiums & more
Do I Need a Referral?
The United Healthcare Student Resources plan is designed for students to first utilize the Student Health Service on campus. If you receive care at another facility, you will need a referral from Student Health in order for United Healthcare to process your claims. Please note that there are exceptions to the policy for the referral requirement which can be found online or by calling United Healthcare. Student Health Service may also help determine whether or not you need a referral, but keep in mind your insurance company is the best resource for insurance questions.
How to file a claim with United Healthcare Student Resources
- Download a copy of your statement
- Log into the Student Health Portal and clicking on the Statements tab
- Click on the date of service for the claim you need to submit
- Send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Attach a copy of your statement from Student Health Service
- Your insurance policy number
- Your insurance ID number (Your SR ID - found on your ID card)
- The physical address where you want your reimbursement check mailed
- Create your online "My Account" through UHCSR (if you have not already done so)
- Make sure your current address is updated in your 'My Account' so that the refund check arrives at your correct address without delays
- You will receive an email notification when your statement is ready to view on the Portal. This may take up to one month after your visit to become available.
- If you have filed the claim properly, it is processed typically within 14 working days. Check your UHSCR 'My Account' for communication is case any additional information is needed.
- Always remember to submit your claim in a timely manner!
- This only applies to the NDUS United Healthcare Student Resources Plan. United Healthcare offers different plans and policies which may have different instructions on how to file a claim. For instructions on how to file claims with other policies and/or other insurance companies, please contact your insurance company directly.