For medical emergencies, call 911
For mental health emergencies, call 211
Health Care Services
Student Health Service offers health care services including, but not limited to, the following.
- Acute Care:
- Cold, flu, fever
- Common infections (respiratory, urinary tract, skin, etc.)
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or other GI concerns
- Orthopedic or sports-related injuries
- Simple laceration repair
- Eating Disorders
- Mental Health:
- ADHD management (we do not perform ADHD testing)
- Eating behavior concerns
- Preventative Care:
- Primary Care:
- Allergy injections & maintenance
- Chronic conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, hypertension, etc)
- General medical care
- Gynecological exams
- Physical exams (routine, sports, etc.)
- Sexual Health:
- Contraception/birth control planning
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) screening and treatment
- Transgender Care:
- Hormone therapy management and initiation of therapy
- Tobacco Cessation
- Tobacco Treatment Specialists (TTS) can provide education and guidance, discuss Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT), and connect you to NDQuits for students wanting to quit tobacco
- This is NOT an all-inclusive list of medical conditions/concerns that our providers are able to address, so please contact us if there are any questions about the care we can provide.
Please see our Telehealth Services page for more information.
Area Resources for Services Not Offered at SHS
This page is intended to act as a resource for students looking to find healthcare services outside of NDSU. Please note this list is for convenience and is not all-inclusive. Students should feel free to search additional options.