EMERGENCY SERVICES: Click here for a list of after-hours and emergency care
Emergency Care: Dial "911" in all instances of medical emergency. Do not delay urgent treatment by attempting to bring a patient to the Student Health Service.
Services Offered at Student Health Service
See Below Drop Down Menu Items:
Health Care Services
Student Health Service offers health care services including, but not limited to, the following.
This is NOT an all-inclusive list of medical conditions/concerns that our providers are able to address, so please contact us if there are any questions about the care we can provide.
- Acute Care:
- Cold, flu, fever
- Common infections (respiratory, urinary tract, skin, etc.)
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or other GI concerns
- Orthopedic or sports-related injuries
- Simple laceration repair
- Mental Health:
- ADHD management (we do not perform ADHD testing)
- Eating behavior concerns
- Preventative Care:
- TB testing
- Gynecological exams
- Primary Care:
- Allergy injections & maintenance
- Chronic conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, hypertension, etc)
- General medical care
- Physical exams (routine, sports, etc.)
- Sexual Health:
- Contraception/birth control planning
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) screening and treatment
- And more!
Medical Laboratory Services
- The Medical Laboratory is a CLIA certified laboratory
- Testing is performed for diagnostic purposes on samples including:
- throat and nasal swabs
- and more!
- Outside lab orders are accepted
- Staffed by licensed laboratory professionals
- Lab Tests Online
- Digital X-ray images completed using computed radiography (CR) technology
- X-ray exam images can be burned to a CD by patient request. Patients need to fill out an Authorization and Request to Release Medical Information form.
- Outside x-ray orders are accepted as long as they meet the following criteria:
- Date of order
- Ordering provider's name printed and signed
- CPT code of x-ray exam to be performed associated with a reason for exam
- Diagnosis code
- Instructions where to send final report
- Staffed by a licensed Radiologic Technologist
- Images professionally read by a licensed Radiologist
- Patients needing MRIs, CT scans, mammograms, ultrasounds or other specialized imaging are referred to an outside provider in the community
Please see our Telehealth Services page for more information.
Resources for Healthcare Outside NDSU SHS
Chiropractor Services: list of chiropractors in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
Dental Services: list of dentists in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
International Travel / Travel Abroad Vaccinations
International Travel/Travel Abroad Vaccinations:
Fargo Cass Public Health
Optometry Services: list of optometrists in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
Physical Therapy: list of physical therapists in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
This page is intended to act as a resource for students looking to find healthcare services outside of NDSU. Please note this list is for convenience and is not all-inclusive. Students should feel free to search additional options.