EMERGENCY SERVICES: Click here for a list of after-hours and emergency care
Emergency Care: Dial "911" in all instances of medical emergency. Do not delay urgent treatment by attempting to bring a patient to the Student Health Service.
Services Offered at Student Health Service
See Below Drop Down Menu Items:
Primary Health Care
Student Health Service offers a full spectrum of primary health care, including but not limited to evaluation and treatment of:
- Respiratory, urinary tract, skin and other common infections
- Asthma, hypertension, and elevated cholesterol
- Gynecological problems
- Deression, anxiety and ADHD
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Orthopedic or sports-related injuries
- Wart treatment and simple skin lesions
- Simple laceration repair
- Sexually transmitted infection screening
Please note: Students enrolled at NDSU may at some time require assistance in accessing the learning environment due to a temporary medical condition. The Division of Student Affairs will attempt to assist students dealing with temporary medical conditions in their efforts to remain in the university setting. Information on how to access this temporary service.
- Allergy injections
- Contraception/birth control planning
- Physical examinations
Medical Laboratory Services
The NDSU Medical Laboratory is a CLIA certified laboratory staffed by licensed laboratory professionals
Fasting Requirements for Laboratory Testing: Some medical laboratory tests or specimen collections require that you fast (nothing to eat or drink except water) for a period of time prior to the test.
The NDSU Student Health Service Laboratory requires the following:
- 12 hour fast prior to Lipid Profile and Triglycerides Testing
- 8 hour fast for fasting Glucose testing
Lab Tests Online
- Prescriptions and prescription transfers
- Diabetic supplies
- Non-prescription medications and supplies
- Digital X-ray images completed using state-of-the-art computed radiography technology
- Staffed by a licensed radiologic technologist
- Images professionally read by a licensed radiologist
- Patients needing MRIs, CT scans, mammograms or sonograms are referred to an outside provider in the community
Resources for Healthcare Outside NDSU SHS
Chiropractor Services: list of chiropractors in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
Dental Services: list of dentists in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
International Travel / Travel Abroad Vaccinations
International Travel/Travel Abroad Vaccinations:
Fargo Cass Public Health
401 3rd Avenue North
Fargo, ND 58102
3000 32nd Avenue South
Fargo, ND 58103
736 Broadway North
Fargo, ND 58102
Optometry Services: list of optometrists in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
Physical Therapy: list of physical therapists in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
This page is intended to act as a resource for students looking to find healthcare services outside of NDSU. Please note this list is for convenience and is not all-inclusive. Students should feel free to search additional options.