Who are the Rising Scholars?
The Rising Scholars are a diverse group of conditionally admitted students who show great promise and potential to succeed at North Dakota State University. Conditionally admitted students are identified by the Office of Admission and are automatically enrolled and required to participate in all aspects of the Rising Scholars Program.
The Rising Scholars program is designed to help students reach their full academic potential and to provide a network of student and professional connections during the first semester.
The mission of the Rising Scholars program is to provide support for conditionally admitted students' overall college success as they transition to North Dakota State University.
- Increase Rising Scholars' confidence and ability to manage their academic workload
- Identify attainable short-term and long-term goals with an action plan
- Access and navigate campus resources
- Make meaningful connections at NDSU
- Transition successfully to North Dakota State University
Rising Scholars Requirements
- Complete the College Student Inventory (CSI) survey. The survey will be emailed on August 1, 2018 and should be completed by August 20, 2018.
- Attend the Rising Scholars Kick-Off Meeting on August 20, 2018 from 1:00pm - 3:45pm in the A. Glenn Hilll building, Room 300.
- Attend weekly 30 minute one-on-one meetings with your Rising Scholars mentor throughout the semester to develop academic and personal skills to help you excel as an NDSU student.
- Meet with your academic advisor at midterm.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA or higher.
Contact Tricia Tauer at (701) 231-8663 or by emailing email@example.com