Rising Scholars Program
Conditionally-admitted students, who are identified by the Office of Admission, are strongly encouraged to participate in the Rising Scholars Program during their first semester.
The Rising Scholars Program helps students transition into NDSU through a mentoring program. Each student is paired with a mentor on campus, who they will meet with once a week for 30 minutes. During these meetings the Rising Scholars mentor can provide support, connect students with campus resources, and answer any questions that may come up during the first semester. Mentors will also assist students with goal setting, time management, and developing other study skills.
The mission of the Rising Scholars program is to provide support for students' overall college success as they transition to North Dakota State University.
All conditionally-admitted students are required to attend a Rising Scholars Program informational meeting during their New Student Orientation in the summer. More information about that meeting will be sent after the student registers for orientation.
Rising Scholars participants will:
- Complete the College Student Inventory (CSI) survey, which will provide valuable insights into the student's study skill strengths and areas to focus on in their first semester.
- Attend a Kick-Off meeting at the beginning of the semester.
- Attend weekly 30 minute one-on-one meetings with their Rising Scholars mentor throughout the semester to develop academic and personal skills to help them excel as an NDSU student.
- Increase Rising Scholars' confidence and ability to manage their academic workload.
- Identify attainable short-term and long-term goals with an action plan.
- Access and navigate campus resources.
- Make meaningful connections at NDSU.
- Transition successfully to North Dakota State University.
Contact Tricia Tauer at (701) 231-8663 or by emailing email@example.com