Who are the Rising Scholars?
The Rising Scholars are a diverse group of students invited by the University who show great promise and potential to succeed at NDSU. Scholars are offered the opportunity to get a jump-start to their overall student success as they embark on their new and unique journeys.
The mission of the Rising Scholars Program is to provide a jump start to students’ overall college success as they transition from high school to college during their fall semester. We know our students will soon embark on their unique journeys and may encounter academic and personal obstacles during their first semester at NDSU. That is why the Rising Scholars staff is here to support our students through navigating campus resources, advising, mentorship, seminars, and much more. NDSU is invested in all students having positive and successful experiences - the Rising Scholars Program will provide our students with the tools they need to make sure that happens.
Program Objectives and Goals
Students who participate in NDSU Rising Scholars will:
- Establish an awareness of personal factors that impede success on campus and a plan to overcome them.
- Access and navigate campus resources.
- Feel a sense of mattering and identity on the NDSU campus.
- Identify short-term/long-term goals and action plans for academic work.
- Increase self-efficacy in respect to the academic workload.
Contact Betsy Carter at (701) 231-5554 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org