ACE Tutor Job Description
ACE Tutors facilitate student academic skill development. This position requires superb interpersonal and communication skills. Tutors coordinate learning and provide tutoring in a drop-in and group setting. Tutors will work with students to assess their learning needs, set short-term goals for the session, long-term goals for academic development, and assist them in reaching those goals. Tutors will act as referral agents for students struggling either academically or personally and should have a genuine concern for the needs of students. Tutors will also monitor student participation and behavior and complete other tasks as assigned by a supervisor.
The requirements of the tutor position include, but are not limited to:
- Attendance at an initial tutor training at the start of the semester and a monthly 1-hour training for the first semester of employment.
- Provide ~10 hours a week tutoring students at ACE
- Meetings with faculty as requested
- Participation in an annual performance review and an exit interview with a supervisor
- Assist ACE management with other projects as requested
The hourly wage starts at $10.00 with raises available commensurate with experience and performance.
ACE Tutors must have and maintain a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0 and have received an A or B in the courses they tutor. Past professors will be contacted by ACE staff to ensure suitability for position based on applicant's performance in the class outside of the simply the grade that he/she earned. ACE Tutors must also have a minimum of one semester of classes taken at NDSU. Additionally, the ACE tutor position requires excellent communication skills and a desire to help fellow students. Previous tutoring experience is a plus, but is not required.
Contact email@example.com or call 701-231-5554