Important Dates & Deadlines
August 20 - Classes begin at 4:00 p.m.
September 5 - Payments due for NDSU account balances
|August 29 - Last day to drop @ 100% refund||September 28 - Last day to withdraw @ 75% refund|
|September 3 - Labor Day (no classes & offices closed)||October 15 - Late fees applied to unpaid account balances|
|September 5 - Financial aid applied to NDSU account balances||October 28 - Last day to withdraw @ 50% refund|
Welcome to the Herd!
I am Mason Wenzel, the 2017 Student Body President. Katie and I were elected in April and we are beyond excited to serve. I am originally from Mitchell, SD and I am a senior studying economics. My passion for the university is academics. Through my position, I plan to progress academic opportunities and resources for my classmates in many different ways. Between counteracting rising textbook costs and amplifying the voice of the students, Katie and I plan to make the university better than when we arrived.
I am the 2017 Student Body Vice President, Katie Mastel. I am originally from Bismarck ND, and here at NDSU I am a junior studying Marketing and Political Science. Mason and I are very excited for our upcoming year of service through Student Government. I am particularly interested in creating a rich culture at NDSU embodying a strong spirit of Bison Pride. Through creative programs bringing students and faculty together, as well as instilling tradition, we hope to build a strong NDSU community of past, present, and future students.
Welcome to NDSU!
Residence Life Move In Information
As we edge closer to Move In day, Residence Life would like to provide some helpful tips for what to expect during opening weekend.
- Our staff and Move In Crew are excited and ready to assist you as you move in on Saturday, August 19 from 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. The Move In Crew will assist with unloading and taking items to your room.
- As you are packing, label all boxes or containers with student name and room number.
- Please check our website for best routes to your hall. On move in day, there will be signs across campus to help find your hall. Please place the hall name sheet, which you received in the mail, on the driver's side dash, to help those assisting with traffic control.
- The Residence Life Office will be open during Move In weekend
- Saturday, August 19th from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, August 20st from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- We will have Wireless Clinics available on Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in the West Dining Center basement, Residence Dining Center, and Memorial Union
- Make sure to stop by a hydration station to cool down
- We are going green!
- Residence Life is providing recycling for cardboard
- Be on the lookout for yellow containers outside the halls to deposit your broken down cardboard boxes
- We are on social media
- Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @NDSUResLife and NDSU Residence Life
- Share your NDSU Bison pictures and memories and be sure to hashtag them #HelloGreenandYellow
- Check out our website for more Move In information at www.ndsu.edu/reslife
We look forward to seeing you soon! For questions, please contact us at 701-231-7557 or 1-800-572-8840 or NDSU.Residence.Life@ndsu.edu
Welcome Week Events
Each fall the campus community welcomes our new students by hosting various events throughout their first week on campus. These events are designed to help the students feel more comfortable on campus, meet new people, and get to know all of the great resources that are available. Your student will be escorted to many of the events by their Welcome Week Leader, a student who has volunteered to help students find their way around campus and answer any questions that your student might have. Make sure that your student is not missing out on this great NDSU tradition!
Students can download the Welcome Week mobile app by searching NDSU Welcome Week in the iOS App Store or Google Play. All of the event information can also be accessed online at www.ndsu.edu/studentsuccess/welcomeweek.
2018 Welcome Week Events
Saturday, August 18
- Move-in: 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Family Reception: 2-3 p.m. in the Great Plains Ballroom of the Memorial Union
- *Green and Yellow Rally: 8 p.m. in the Sanford Health Athletic Complex (SHAC) (Leaders will escort students to the SHAC)
- Club NDSU: 9:30 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. in the Memorial Union Lower Level
Sunday, August 19
- *Welcome Week Leader Group Meeting: Various times between 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (students can check the Welcome Week app or Insider page for your group location and meeting time)
- ActivateU: Various times between 1-5 p.m. at the Wallman Wellness Center (students will have the option to attend ActivateU following their Welcome Week Group Meeting)
- Hypnotist: 7 and 9 p.m. at the Festival Concert Hall
Monday, August 20
- *Welcome Week Leader Group Meeting: 8:30 a.m. (students can check the Welcome Week app or Insider page for your group location)
- *Presidents' Welcome: 9:30-10 a.m. at Churchill Field
- *Academic College Event: 10 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (you will be escorted to your event following the Presidents' Welcome)
- Find Your Voice in the Herd: 8-9:30 p.m. in the Memorial Union Great Plains Ballroom
Tuesday, August 21
- YOGOWYPI Factor: 7 p.m. in the Festival Concert Hall
Thursday, August 23
- RHA Block Party: 7 p.m. in the Bolley loop (near the high rise residence halls)
Friday, August 24
- Street Dance: 9:30 p.m. on Administration Ave (outside of Memorial Union)
- Campus Live: Street Dance After Party: 10:30 p.m. on the lower level of the Memorial Union
Wednesday, August 29
- Student Involvement Expo: 11 a.m. on Administration Ave (outside of Memorial Union)
*indicates required event for first year students
- Student course materials are available in the lower level of the bookstore, alphabetized by author. If purchasing in store, please bring students’ printed book list. They can do so by going to www.ndsubookstore.com > “course materials” > “order course materials” to add their courses (from Campus Connection list-view schedule) and be able to generate a printable list. Students may also order course materials and supplies online and have them ready to be picked up in store!
- Registered students may charge up to $1,000 to their student account for items you need for classes. For students receiving financial aid, charges will be taken out of their aid disbursement after other fees (tuition, housing, and meal plans) have been covered. Students can view their total bookstore charges on Campus Connection under “Account Inquiry” > “charges due”.
- The NDSU Bookstore is not allowed to take credit card numbers over the phone for security reasons. Students must have the credit card they wish to use in their possession. Therefore, we encourage students to use their book charging option as an easy way for family members to see all charges on the student’s account.
Loyalty Rewards Program:
- The NDSU Bookstore has a Loyalty Rewards Program for all purchases made in the bookstore and Herd Shop. Students earn a point for every dollar spent, which includes books, computers, clothing, supplies, etc. Once students have reached 500 points, they can redeem those points for a $10 NDSU Bookstore gift card. Or, wait until they’ve earned 1,000 points and redeem them for a $25 NDSU Bookstore gift card. Points become available for use 30 days after purchase date. Redemption is done online only. If we forget to put their Loyalty number on the receipt, we can manually enter the points with a receipt and ID number.
- If they have questions, please contact Dolly Wadholm at 701-231-5671 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The NDSU Bookstore has gift baskets available to be sent to students. We will give them a call and tell them they have a gift waiting at the bookstore to be picked up. We have a general one containing a $10 gift card, NDSU water bottle, chocolate bar, and a pencil. You can also customize a basket to your liking as well. Call Jodi at 701-231-7428 to order today!