Welcome to NDSU Family Features!
This newsletter is intended for the families of NDSU students that are transferring or returning to NDSU. This can include sophomores, juniors, seniors, and professional and graduate students. Each month, NDSU Family Programs will send out Family Features with important updates and campus highlights. It will also be available on our website at: www.ndsu.edu/studentsuccess/familynewsletter
Important Dates & Deadlines
August 20 - Classes begin at 4:00 p.m.
September 5 - Payments due for NDSU account balances
|August 29 - Last day to drop @ 100% refund||September 28 - Last day to withdraw @ 75% refund|
|September 3 - Labor Day (no classes & offices closed)||October 15 - Late fees applied to unpaid account balances|
|September 5 - Financial aid applied to NDSU account balances||October 28 - Last day to withdraw @ 50% refund|
Welcome Week Events
Welcome Week isn't just for the new students. There are lots of events that returning students can attend too! Make sure that your student is not missing out on this great NDSU tradition!
Students can download the Welcome Week mobile app by searching NDSU Welcome Week in the iOS App Store or Google Play. All of the event information can also be accessed online at www.ndsu.edu/studentsuccess/welcomeweek.
2018 Welcome Week Recommended Events
Saturday, August 18
- Family Reception: 2-3 p.m. in the Great Plains Ballroom of the Memorial Union
- Club NDSU: 9:30 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. in the Memorial Union Lower Level
Sunday, August 19
- ActivateU: 1-5 p.m. at the Wallman Wellness Center
Monday, August 20
- Find Your Voice in the Herd: 8-9 p.m. in the Memorial Union Great Plains Ballroom
Tuesday, August 21
- YOGOWYPI Factor: 7 p.m. in the Festival Concert Hall
Thursday, August 23
- RHA Block Party: 7 p.m. in the Bolley loop (near the high rise residence halls)
Friday, August 24
- Street Dance: 9:30 p.m. on Administration Ave
- Campus Live: Street Dance After Party: 10:30 p.m. on the lower level of the Memorial Union
Wednesday, August 29
- Student Involvement Expo: 11 a.m. on Administration Ave
- Student course materials are available in the lower level of the bookstore, alphabetized by author. If purchasing in store, please bring students’ printed book list. They can do so by going to www.ndsubookstore.com > “course materials” > “order course materials” to add their courses (from Campus Connection list-view schedule) and be able to generate a printable list. Students may also order course materials and supplies online and have them ready to be picked up in store!
- Registered students may charge up to $1,000 to their student account for items you need for classes. For students receiving financial aid, charges will be taken out of their aid disbursement after other fees (tuition, housing, and meal plans) have been covered. Students can view their total bookstore charges on Campus Connection under “Account Inquiry” > “charges due”.
- The NDSU Bookstore is not allowed to take credit card numbers over the phone for security reasons. Students must have the credit card they wish to use in their possession. Therefore, we encourage students to use their book charging option as an easy way for family members to see all charges on the student’s account.
Loyalty Rewards Program:
- The NDSU Bookstore has a Loyalty Rewards Program for all purchases made in the bookstore and Herd Shop. Students earn a point for every dollar spent, which includes books, computers, clothing, supplies, etc. Once students have reached 500 points, they can redeem those points for a $10 NDSU Bookstore gift card. Or, wait until they’ve earned 1,000 points and redeem them for a $25 NDSU Bookstore gift card. Points become available for use 30 days after purchase date. Redemption is done online only. If we forget to put their Loyalty number on the receipt, we can manually enter the points with a receipt and ID number.
- If they have questions, please contact Dolly Wadholm at 701-231-5671 or email@example.com.
- The NDSU Bookstore has gift baskets available to be sent to students. We will give them a call and tell them they have a gift waiting at the bookstore to be picked up. We have a general one containing a $10 gift card, NDSU water bottle, chocolate bar, and a pencil. You can also customize a basket to your liking as well. Call Jodi at 701-231-7428 to order today!