Spring Semester Orientation Dates
For students starting spring semester, the following orientation date is available:
Friday, December 1, 2017
- Check-in is from 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. with the day concluding around 4:00 p.m.
- Reservation request due by November 27, 2017
Monday, January 8, 2018
- Check-in is from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. with the day concluding around 1:00 p.m.
- Reservation request due by January 3, 2018
The Spring orientation session will include:
- Informational sessions on academic requirements, course offerings, financial aid and campus activities.
- A college registration meeting that will answer questions and help plan your spring class schedule.
- Registration for spring semester classes.
The reservation form for the spring orientation sessions will become available October 23, 2017.
Summer Orientation Dates
We will begin to accept summer orientation reservations in early April 2018, once our orientation invitations have been sent. Once received, a space can be reserved by following the included instructions from the mailer on how to fill out the online reservation form.
2018 Summer Orientation Dates
A variety of orientation dates are available throughout the summer for students enrolling for the Fall of 2018. Each session is one day in length beginning at 9:00 a.m. and concluding around 5:00 p.m. All sessions are filled on a first come, first served basis and are capped at 200 students.
*First year students that are beginning during the 2018 summer session should visit the Summer School page for more information about the orientation options available prior to the start of the summer.
Scholars Orientation Sessions
Scholars Orientation is reserved for National Merit Scholars, Presidential Scholars, Presidential Honor Scholars, University Honors Program participants, and students who have completed substantial college-level coursework.*
*Please note that substantial college-level coursework is defined as 24 or more college-level credits completed by January 2018. Official transcripts of college-level credit must have been submitted by February 2018 in order to be invited to attend Scholars' Orientation.
Freshman Summer Orientation Sessions
|Friday||August 17 (half-day)|
Welcome Week 2018
Incoming, first-year students are required to attend Welcome Week events. Please plan accordingly to ensure that you have the following dates and times available to attend these mandatory events:
- Saturday, August 18th: Move-in from 8 a.m-1 p.m., and Saturday evening
- The afternoon of Sunday, August 19th
- The morning of Monday, August 20th
Click here for more information about Welcome Week.