Small Group Tutoring
For students interested in weekly small group tutoring with other students in their course, requests for study groups can be submitted. ACE provides small group tutoring for a limited number of courses. Groups must have a minimum of three students and will be capped at five students. Participation in the tutoring groups is free, but requires the following commitments:
- Meet as a small group for one hour weekly in the ACE facility for the duration of the semester.
- A consistent meeting time will be set by the ACE Coordinator to accommodate all participants' and tutors' schedules.
- Three absences will result in the termination of participation within the group.
- Arrive promptly for each tutoring session.
- Bring textbooks, notes, and other learning tools to each tutoring session.
- Come prepared to each tutoring session.
- Attend class.
- Complete/Attempt homework assignments.
- Participate as an active group member in each tutoring session.
- Abide by the NDSU Code of Academic Responsibility and Conduct.
If you are unable to meet the following requirements and are more interested in coming in for tutoring at your conveniences, drop-in tutoring may be a better option for you.
Small Group Tutoring Request Form
To request participation in ACE small group tutoring, please complete a request form. Please allow one week for processing the request form. Completion of the form does not guarantee that a tutoring group will be created. Creation of a tutoring group is contingent upon the number of requests for a given course as well as the availability of tutors, funding, and space.
The ACE Coordinator will contact you within one business week regarding the ability to fulfill your request. If you have questions, please contact Betsy Carter at Betsy.Carter@ndsu.edu or (701) 231-5554.