19 of 20 NDSU students meet with their academic advisor at least once a semester.
Here is how one NDSU student responded after hearing this fact:
“Meeting with an academic advisor is definitely helpful in planning your classes for next semester or even planning into the future.”
Why it important to meet with my academic advisor each semester?
- Your advisor will work with you to select courses that are most appropriate for your abilities, interests, and career choices. Advisors may also suggest academic resources that are the most applicable to you.
- With their experience and expertise in their field and department, advisors will often see obstacles in your educational path before you will. By meeting with your advisor, you can hope to avoid pitfalls that could set you back in your academic career.
How do I connect with my academic advisor?
- If you don’t know who your advisor is, check Campus Connection. https://www.ndsu.edu/bisonconnection/connect/adviser/.
- If you haven’t heard from your advisor regarding advising week and want to set up an appointment before selecting next semester’s courses, contact him/her. Advisors usually have office hours outside of advising week if you have questions.
- For various reasons, students sometimes request to change advisors. To request the change, please fill out this form through Registration and Records.