There are several events that are required for new first-year students. These events are intended to ensure that students have the information that they need to start off on the right foot. All of the required events will take place between move in on Saturday and classes beginning on Monday at 4 pm.
Failure to participate in the required events will result in missing valuable information about your residence hall, academic college, mandatory trainings, and campus resources. Participation in Welcome Week is the easiest, and in some cases, the only way to receive the information that is covered during the required events.
There are many events during Welcome Week, but only the following are required for new first-year students:
- Residence Hall Move In - Saturday the 18th from 8 am - 1 pm (on-campus students only)
- Residence Hall Community Gatherings - Saturday the 18th from 5 pm - 7:30 pm (on-campus students only) *Dinner and community gathering times will be assigned by hall*
- Green and Yellow Rally - Saturday the 18th from 8:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- First Welcome Week Group Meeting* - Saturday the 18th following the Green and Yellow Rally at 8:30 pm
- Second Welcome Week Group Meeting* - Sunday the 19th between 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Third Welcome Week Group Meeting* - Monday the 20th at 8:30 am - 9:00 am
- Class Photo & Presidents' Welcome - Monday the 20th at 9:00 - 10:00 am
- Academic College Events - Monday the 20th from 10 am - 12 pm
*Each Welcome Week Group Meeting will cover important and different information. Therefore, students must attend all three meetings.
Recommended Events are some of the bigger Welcome Week events that take place. These events are not required, but students are strongly encouraged to attend as they enhance social integration and overall comfort in the NDSU community.
Recommended Events include:
- Club NDSU
- Hypnotist shows (assigned by residence hall)
- Find Your Voice in the Heard
- YOGOWYPI Factor
- RHA Block Party
- Street Dance
To see a full listing of all of the Welcome Week events, please visit the Welcome Week Events page.