There are several events that are required for new first-year students. These events are intended to ensure that students have the information that they need to start off on the right foot. All of the required events will take place between move in on Saturday and classes beginning on Monday at 4 pm.
Failure to participate in the required events will result in missing valuable information about your residence hall, academic college, mandatory trainings, and campus resources. Participation in Welcome Week is the easiest, and in some cases, the only way to receive the information that is covered during the required events.
There are many events during Welcome Week, but only the following are required for new first-year students:
- Residence Hall Move In - Saturday from 8 am - 1 pm (on-campus students only)
- Green and Yellow Rally - Saturday from 7:30 pm - 9 pm (includes first Welcome Week Group Meeting*)
- Second Welcome Week Group Meeting* - Sunday afternoon between 1 - 5 pm (times vary by group)
- Residence Hall Community Gatherings - Sunday evening (on-campus students only)
- Third Welcome Week Group Meeting* - Monday at 8 am
- Presidents' Welcome - Monday at 9 am
- Academic College Events - Monday from 10 am - 12 pm
*Each Welcome Week Group Meeting will cover important and different information. Therefore, students must attend all three meetings.
Featured Events are some of the bigger Welcome Week events that take place. These events are not required, but students are strongly encouraged to attend as they enhance social integration and overall comfort in the NDSU community.
Featured Events include:
- Club NDSU
- Hypnotist shows (assigned by residence hall)
- Find Your Voice in the Heard
- YOGOWYPI Factor
- RHA Block Party
- Street Dance
To see a full listing of all of the Welcome Week events, please visit the Welcome Week Events page.