Advisory Board for Student Wellness
Purpose and Responsibility:
The Advisory Board shall seek to represent the interests of University faculty, staff, and students in advising the Dean for Student Wellness on policy matters relating to Assessment, the Counseling Center, Disability Services, Student Health Service, and Wellness Center at North Dakota State University. The Board will serve in an advisory capacity providing feedback and input on relevant student wellness issues. The Student Wellness unit administrators will take this information into consideration when making final decisions on specific issues.
- Use assessment to improve services offered to students and make plans to support students’ wellness as the university grows. (Links to Division of Student Affairs goal ‘A’.)
- Motivate students to integrate the seven dimensions of wellness into their lives by making it fun, engaging, and relevant. (Links to Division of Student Affairs goals ‘B’ and ‘C’.)
- Develop a global approach to wellness by connecting and integrating services and increasing the number of students who use one or more wellness services. (Links to Division of Student Affairs goals ‘B’ and ‘C’.)
- Educate the university community to enlist their support in sharing the message of wellness. Use technology to enhance the effectiveness of communications. (Links to Division of Student Affairs goal ‘D’.)
- Members will be able to identify and describe each of the major wellness units (Career Center, Counseling Center, Disability Services, Student Health Service, Wellness Center).
- Members will be able to state each unit’s role in promoting wellness.
- Members will be able to identify opportunities to promote healthy lifestyle behaviors.
- Members will be able to evaluate ABSW meeting activities.