Technology Fee Awards Announcement
Funding for Spring 2002
The NDSU Technology Fee Advisory Committee is pleased to announce the awards of the March 15, 2002, Call for Proposals. The recommendations of the committee were forwarded to Vice President of Academic Affairs and Dr. Craig Schnell has approved the following proposals to receive funding support.
- 0201 Not Funded
- 0202 Replacement and Addition of Library Public Access Workstations with Tin Clients, Nem Schlecht, $8,650.
To provide low-cost access to online library resources (online books, journals, research materials) with minimal hardware.
- 0203 Continuation of Free Printing for Students Using the NDSU Libraries, Mark England, $15,000.
This renewal plan requests support to provide free printing (paper, toner, ink) for students and faculty using the libraries.
- 0204 Not Funded
- 0205 Public Cluster Software Support, John Underwood, $12,300.
To refund (renewal) the project to support personnel (students) to keep the workstations in the cluster going by installing software, restoring applications, as well as security applications and software licensing applications.
- 0206 Enhanced Student Technology Training, Cj Johnson, $82,653.
Originally requested by TFAC, the specialist provides training for students who then deliver training to other students as identified, promote and market courses to students, schedule facilities, and develop new components as identified.
- 0207 Classroom Technology, Brian Abraham, $200,000.
To provide technology equipment (permanent and portable) to the classrooms, maintenance of the equipment, and delivery of the portable equipment to the classroom.
- 0208 ITS Cluster and Classroom Service Center, Brian Abraham, $184,210.
One-stop shopping by providing student consultants and management, equipment reservations and checkout, cluster reservations, multimedia, video editing, and special printing services, as well as replacement of equipment.
- 0209 Public Cluster Support, Brian Abraham, $192,435.
To provide for printing in the public clusters, managing and staffing the public clusters (Ehly, Morrill, Churchill, Stockbridge, Weible, Fine Arts, Van Es, and WDC3, and replacement of computers in Morrill, Ehly, and Van Es.
- 0210 Blackboard Student Support Services, Elizabeth Smith, $4,752.
To provide student support services at a higher level than now possible by providing training to trainers in Blackboard and instructional design, walk-in assistance to students, scheduling workshops, and demonstrating Blackboard.
- 0211 Not Funded
- 0212 SQL Server for Implementation of Great Plains Dynamics into the Classroom, Chuck Harter, $2,500.
To purchase a SQL server (not supported by ITS) to host Great Plains Dynamics software, provided by Microsoft/Great Plains, in accounting and MIS classes.