Project Title: Classical Music Internet Service
Award number: 0318
Project Leader: Mark England
Report Period: Mid-year
- The NDSU Library requested $1,000 to pilot a classical music Internetservice at NDSU. A subscription to Classical Music Library was purchased for $895. The subscription started in January 2004 and will last through December 2004. The subscription permits up to three students to listen to music at a time.
- Students at NDSU now have access to nearly 30,000 classical music recordings, thousands of program notes, and composer biographies. The NDSU Library has very limited holdings of classical music recordings to support music programs at NDSU.
- If the service is highly successful, then the NDSU Library would consider maintaining and/or upgrading the subscription in subsequent years.
Progress toward Milestones:
Subscription was purchased in January 2004.
- Between January 2004 and June 15, 2004, NDSU students and faculty have logged into the Classical Music Library service 762 times. Students and faculty have performed over 830 searches and played more than 3025 recordings. During the month of February, 69 people were denied access to the Classical Music Library because the three license slots were already in use. Since February, however, there have only been three people denied access to the service.
- It is apparent that the service is being used. Library staff will continue to evaluate the usage of the service for the remaining six months of the service.
NDSU fund number: 1511
YTD expenses: 895.00
Anticipated remaining expenses: 115.00
Unspent amount: -10.00