Technology Fee Advisory Committee Funding
Technology Fee Awards Announcement
The Technology Fee Advisory Committee (TFAC) received twelve proposals requesting a total of $771,082 in the Fall Call for Proposals. On October 27, 2004, the TFAC met in the Group Decision Center (GDC) to examine all requests. The proposals were considered twice. The first time, they were all discussed using the GDC technology with no formal motions and without regard to budget. A copy of the report, which includes comments generated during the discussion, is sent to you via e-mail attachment.
After the discussion, the committee members rated the proposals individually using a ten-point scale. Finally, the committee discussed each proposal a second time with formal motions in the order that they were rated and with attention to budget.
Based on the recommendations by the TFAC, Provost Schnell approved the following four proposals for $47,472 and $54,720 for the wireless project.
- 0411 The Digital Music Library: Improving Access to Materials through Streaming Audio, Thrasher, Mueller, Ross, Music Dept., $18,220.00
- 0412 Using PDAs to Enhance the Pharmacy Curriculum, Vess Halbur, Pharm. Practice, $14,427.00
- 0413 Alternative Access to Educational Materials, Bunnie Johnson-Messelt, Counseling Center and Disability Services, $9,115.00
- 0416 Notebook Computer and portable projector for in-class workshops, Richard Shaw, Center for Writers, $5,710.00
- 04XX NDSU Wireless Networking Implementation, John Grosen, ITS, $54,720.00