Charles E. Herman Scholarship
The Charles E. Herman Scholarships recognize academic achievement and promotes the education of transportation students with a preference to women and minorities at NDSU. Funding for one $2,000 scholarship is provided by the Charles E. Herman Scholarship Endowment Fund, NDSU Development Foundation.
Scholarship applications are due in April of each year and winners are selected and notified by the end of the spring semester. To be considered, students must be a junior or senior, have an interest in transportation and demonstrate academic excellence. Scholarship winners are recognized each fall at the Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute awards banquet.
- Scholarship Amount: $2,000 per academic year
- Number of Scholarships: One per academic year
- Solicitation for Applicants: January through April of each year
- Deadline to Submit Application: April of each year
- Selection and Notification: End of Spring Semester
- Scholarship Award: Fall Semester
- Recognition of Recipients: Fall Awards Banquet
- Junior/Senior standing for the current academic year
- Transportation Interest with a preference towards women and minorities.
- Demonstrated Academic Performance
- Jill Hough; Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute
- Kim Vachal; Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute
- Jarret Brachman; Criminal Justice & Political Science
- Holly Herman