Tutoring is offered in an individual setting. Tutors are trained to promote good study habits as well as assisting you with your academic needs. The tutor will do their best to explain the material that you have questions on, but the more prepared you are to ask questions the better the tutor will be able to help you. Students are expected to come prepared for tutoring by bringing your syllabus, course materials, textbook and questions.
The Fall & Spring Tutoring hours are:
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m.- 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
SSS recommends you schedule tutor appointments by the Friday prior to the week you wish to receive tutoring.
Instructions for signing up for tutoring using SSC:
- Go to the NDSU homepage and scroll down to Online Services
- Hover cursor over Online Services and click on Student Success Collaborative
- Sign in using NDSU/CAS login and password
- Select "Get Tutoring" on right side of screen
- Choose a service category, for tutoring choose SSS/TRIO Tutoring
- Choose which class you need tutoring for (reason for selecting appointment)
- Select a specific tutor or review the times available for any tutor
- Select the day and time
- Confirm the appointment, select email or text reminder - both the tutor and you will receive a confirmation
Online Tutoring: Free online tutoring is available to all students and North Dakota residents. Please use the following link to get started. TutorND.com
ACE Tutoring: West Dining Center, lower level; 701-231-8379
ACE Tutoring is NDSU's free drop-in tutoring and quiet study space for many classes. Please use the following link to get directed to their website. ACE Tutoring
Center for Writers: Library, Room 6; 701-231-7927
Free one-on-one writing assistance. Please use the following link to get directed to their website. Center for Writers
Technology Learning & Media Center: IACC 150C; 701-231-6327
Free assistance with technology-related coursework and projects. Please use the following link to get directed to their website. Technology Learning & Media Center
Counseling Center:Ceres Hall 212; 701-231-7671
Study skills classes, test anxiety seminars, and more. Please use the following link to get directed to their website. Counseling Center