Upward Bound at North Dakota State University is funded to serve up to 52 students. To be eligible for the Upward Bound program, a student must, at the time of admission:
- Be a student enrolled at Davies, Fargo North, or Fargo South high schools (or will be enrolled in one of these schools fall semester of current year);
- Be at least 13 years old;
- Have completed the 8th grade but have not yet begun the 12th grade;
- Be income-eligible OR from a family in which neither parent has graduated from a four-year college;
- Be a United States citizen, a permanent resident, or legally in the country with intent to become a resident;
- Have the potential and desire for academic success in high school and post-secondary education;
-Preference given to applicants whose cumulative GPAs are at least 2.8;
-If applicant receives English Language Learner services, preference is given to applicants who score at least 3.5 on the ACCESS for ELLs (WIDA).
Upward Bound accepts applications throughout the year. However, the majority of interviews occur in the spring with those students accepted beginning in the summer program. Mid-year interviews are less common but do occur, as needed.
To apply for the North Dakota State University Upward Bound program, please print out the application, complete, sign and mail it.
TRIO Upward Bound
North Dakota State University
PO Box 5060, Dept 5270
Fargo, ND 58108-8090
Fax: (701) 231-9669