Academic Year Program
- Tutoring in each target school. Tutors are undergraduate students at North Dakota State University.
- Monthly individual meetings in target schools. The goals of these academic advising and guidance meetings are to identify the students' needs, goals, and action plans, and provide encouragement and motivation.
- Monthly Saturday programming on the North Dakota State University campus. Activities during UB Saturdays vary but can include tutoring, academic skill development, personal development, career exploration, mentoring, college visits, cultural exploration, recreation, ACT preparation, and information about college preparation such as financial aid, scholarships, and letters of personal intent.
Six-Week Summer Program
- Classes Mondays-Thursdays in English, Math, Science, and a foreign language;
- Activities and lessons that prepare students for college;
- Social activities, team building, and recreation activities;
- Optional music lessons on Friday afternoons;
- College visits and field trips
Six-Week Summer Bridge Program
- For students who have participated in Upward Bound and graduate high school in the spring;
- Take college courses, which have transferable credits to other colleges;
- College preparation workshops;
- Tutoring and support of Upward Bound staff
"My experience with the Trio Upward Bound program has truly changed my life for the better. Since joining the program, I believe now I can achieve my goal of going to college/university. The Bridge Program will help significantly by paying for some credits in the summer before my first college semester, taking away some of the cost of tuition for me. This past summer, we visited the University of Minnesota Duluth, and it was a fascinating experience. The activities we partook in during the summer were very interesting. Upward Bound is a worthwhile cause and a great way to create connections and new relationships." -Upward Bound sophomore