During this unprecedented time of rapid change this page will provide you the most up to date information about our UB procedures and services. If you have questions or concerns please contact us. We are here to help.
Application process updates
- Interested in joining UB? See our application page for eligibility details and to find the ONLINE APPLICATION.
- We will continue to review applications as they are returned to us throughout the school year on a first-come basis, and students will continue to be able to join the program throughout the school year as they are admitted.
- Interviews of prospective applicants will be conducted online only. Interviews will be scheduled using Zoom.
Device and internet access help available
- We are committed to helping every UB participant find the resources they need to succeed – including access to the internet or finding a computer or tablet to do their school work and participate in UB.
- If any UB participant doesn’t have a device to successfully complete homework, or internet access to do complete school work or attend UB services please contact us.
UB Services Adjustment Updates
- See our services page for details about all UB services we provide.
- Our top priority is for the safety of UB participants and staff.
- We will be continuously monitoring and following guidance from state health departments, our partner schools, and NDSU.
Tutoring - In Person and online
- We will continue to offer tutoring – including individual or group sessions.
- Tutoring will be offered online and in-person at your high school.
- In-person tutoring will take place after school until 5pm. Please check your syllabus for your date and location.
- Online Tutoring will take place on zoom. Please reach out to a tutor to set up a time.
Academic Resource Saturdays - online
- We will continue to have opportunities for UB students to meet with tutor mentors for AR Saturdays – including opportunities for individual or group work.
- AR Saturdays will be offered online only until further notice. See the online guidelines below.
- Sessions will use Zoom.
Advising - online and in-person
- We will continue to offer advising – including individual or group sessions.
- Students should reach out to Ben to set up an appointment.
- Advisors will use Zoom or will come to your school to meet with UB students.
UB Saturdays – hybrid
- We will continue to offer monthly UB Saturdays group workshops
- Sessions will be offered bth in person and online. See the online guidelines below.
- Lunch not available for those joining us online
- NDSU TRIO Upward Bound will actively monitor NDSU, School District, North Dakota and Minnesota State Health Departments, and CDC guidelines for in-person gatherings and will make adjustments to scheduled events as required.
- UB events and activities will follow a combination of NDSU, School District, CDC, and state guidelines.
- Virtual alternatives will be available for students to attend who are members of groups at increased health risk.
- All of the goals, services, guidelines and rules of Upward Bound continue to apply – within flexibility, flexibility, flexibility as we move through the year.
For all online options, Upward Bound will be guided by the following.
- Many students and staff may choose or need to participate in Upward Bound and their school learning and events online. We want to help you be successful!
- Netiquette – special rules for online programming. UB participants, please see you Academic Year Syllabus for more information about Netiquette and the rules and expectations for online UB meetings and events.
- Device and internet access. Please let us know if you do not have access to a device and internet access that you can use to successfully complete homework and participate in your classes for school, and also use to participate in Zoom or other video meetings for Upward Bound. Your device should have a working camera and microphone.
ALL IN-PERSON OPTIONS CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
For all in-person options, Upward Bound will be guided by the following.
- Physical distancing: We have reserved extra-large rooms for our scheduled group gatherings so that we can maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between individuals. We ask that during all in-person meetings, advising, or tutoring sessions that individuals maintain social distance of at least 6 feet at all times.
- Face coverings: Mask/face covering use WILL be required during all in-person UB events, advising, and tutoring sessions until no longer suggested and/or recommended by your schools, NDSU, the state, and the CDC. Masks will be provided by Upward Bound at events. Participants will receive a reusable mask to take home which can be re-used for future UB events. Disposable masks will also be provided for students and staff to use if reusable masks are forgotten.
- Wellness. All staff members and students are asked to take their temperature before reporting to any in-person events, tutoring, or advising. Students and staff will NOT attend in-person events if they have a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher (or feel feverish), are feeling unwell, coughing/have developed a new cough, have tested positive for COVID-19, have been asked to quarantine, or are experiencing any current CDC COVID-19 symptoms.