Resources for Allies
A variety of resources are provided here to help allies learn more about military and veteran students. This page will be updated periodically with new resources. Allies who are aware of other resources that merit sharing with the VALOR community should send them to email@example.com.
Primary Training Resource - PsychArmor Institute
VALOR is using dozens of free training resources available at the PsychArmor Institute for baseline training and advanced training opportunities for allies. This site offers a wide variety of courses designed to enhance knowledge about topics relevant to veterans (see the course library ). Allies need to register on the site (this registration is free) to complete the courses. The site then tracks completion of these short courses via a transcript and awards badges. VALOR will recognize course completion and badge levels on the VALOR Allies page and will use that engagement level as part of its criteria for awarding its newly established VALOR Ally of the Year Award. Allies are encouraged to start their engagement with PsychArmor with this course - 15 Things Veterans Want You to Know.
- NDSU Policy 146 on Military Orders
- 10 Things You Should Know About Student Veterans
- Veterans on Campus: Do's and Don'ts by Kognito
- Inside One Victim's Military Sexual Harassment Investigation
- Male Survivors of Military Sexual Trauma
- Military Sexual Trauma Among U.S. Servicewomen During Deployment
- Veterans in College Face Unique Challenges
- Supporting Military-Connected Students, from the American Council on Education
- Military Connected Students, from the American Council of Education and NSAPA - Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
- Toolkit for Veteran-Friendly Institutions, from the American Council on Education