Resources for Allies
A variety of resources are provided here to help allies learn more about military and veteran students. This page will be updated periodically with new resources. Allies who are aware of other resources that merit sharing with the VALOR community should send them to email@example.com.
Primary Training Resource - PsychArmor Institute
VALOR will be utilizing the dozens of free training resources available at the PsychArmor Institute for baseline training and advanced training opportunities starting in 2019. As you can see from the course library this site offers a wide variety of courses that allies can use to enhance their knowledge. You need to register on the site (this registration is free) to complete the courses. The site then tracks your completion of these short courses via a transcript and awards you badges. VALOR will begin recognizing course completion packages and badge levels in 2019 (all 2018 course completion will be rolled into 2019 recognition) and will use that engagement level as part of its criteria for awarding its newly established VALOR Ally of the Year Award. Allies are encouraged to start their engagement with PsychArmor with this course - 15 Things Veterans Want You to Know.
- 10 Things You Should Know About Student Veterans
- Veterans on Campus: Do's and Don'ts by Kognito
- Inside One Victim's Military Sexual Harassment Investigation
- Male Survivors of Military Sexual Trauma
- Military Sexual Trauma Among U.S. Servicewomen During Deployment
- Veterans in College Face Unique Challenges
- Supporting Military-Connected Students, from the American Council on Education
- Military Connected Students, from the American Council of Education and NSAPA - Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
- Toolkit for Veteran-Friendly Institutions, from the American Council on Education