North Dakota State University faculty and staff received awards for excellence in research, teaching, Extension and support staff efforts in an awards ceremony on campus Dec. 8.
Ken Grafton, vice president for Agricultural Affairs, director of the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station, and dean of the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources (CAFSNR); David Buchanan, associate dean for academic programs in the CAFSNR; and Chris Boerboom, director of the NDSU Extension Service, presented the awards during the 25th annual Agriculture and Extension Faculty/Staff Awards program. There were forty-eight nominees this year.
The 2016 award recipients were:
- Larson/Yaggie Excellence in Research Award - Robert Brueggeman, associate professor, Department of Plant Pathology
- Eugene R. Dahl Excellence in Research Award - Kimberly Vonnahme, professor, Department of Animal Sciences
- Earl and Dorothy Foster Excellence in Teaching Award - Christina Hargiss, assistant professor, School of Natural Resource Sciences (Natural Resources Management)
- H. Roald and Janet Lund Excellence in Teaching Award - R. Jay Goos, professor, School of Natural Resource Sciences (Soil Science)
- William J. and Angelyn A. Austin Excellence in Advising Award - Shelly Swandal, student services director, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics
- Myron and Muriel Johnsrud Excellence in Extension/Outreach Award - Andrew Robinson, Extension potato agronomist, Department of Plant Sciences
- AGSCO Excellence in Extension Award - Carl Dahlen, Extension beef cattle specialist, Department of Animal Sciences
- Charles and Linda Moses Staff Award - Steven "Skip" Anderson, Sheep Unit manager, Department of Animal Sciences
- Donald and Jo Anderson Staff Award - Sharon Lane, Distribution Center manager, Agriculture Communication
- Rick and Jody Burgum Staff Award - David Pearson, agricultural research technician, Hettinger Research Extension Center