NDSU honors its Agriculture and Extension faculty and staff for their work.
North Dakota State University faculty and staff received awards for excellence in research, teaching, Extension and support staff efforts in a virtual awards ceremony on Dec. 10.
Greg Lardy, vice president for Agricultural Affairs, David Buchanan, associate dean for academic programs in the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources, Frank Casey, associate director of the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station, and Lynette Flage, associate director of NDSU Extension presented the awards during the 30th annual Agriculture and Extension Faculty/Staff Awards program. Forty people were nominated this year.
The 2020 award recipients were:
- Larson/Yaggie Excellence in Research Award - Bingcan Chen, assistant professor, Department of Plant Sciences
- Eugene R. Dahl Excellence in Research Award - Thomas DeSutter, professor, School of Natural Resource Sciences (Soil Science)
- Earl and Dorothy Foster Excellence in Teaching Award - Todd West, professor, Department of Plant Sciences
- H. Roald and Janet Lund Excellence in Teaching Award - Deirdre Prischman-Voldseth, associate professor, School of Natural Resource Sciences (Entomology)
- William J. and Angelyn A. Austin Excellence in Advising Award - Harlene Hatterman-Valenti, professor, Department of Plant Sciences
- Excellence in Extension Early Career Award - Anitha Chirumamilla, Extension agent, Cavalier County
- AGSCO Excellence in Extension Award - Hans Kandel, professor, Extension agronomist, Department of Plant Sciences
- Charles and Linda Moses Staff Award - Jerry Fauske, research specialist, School of Natural Resource Sciences (Entomology)
- Donald and Jo Anderson Staff Award - Darla Bakko, administrative assistant/office manager, Department of Plant Pathology
- Rick and Jody Burgum Staff Award - Cora Crane, grant coordinator, Department of Plant Sciences
News release: NDSU Agriculture Communication - Dec. 11, 2020