NDSU honors its Agriculture and Extension faculty and staff for their work.
North Dakota State University faculty and staff received awards for excellence in research, teaching, Extension and support staff efforts in an awards ceremony on campus Dec. 10. Photos from the 2015 Faculty/Staff Awards
Ken Grafton, vice president for Agricultural Affairs, director of the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station, and dean of the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources; David Buchanan, associate dean for academic programs in the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources; and Chris Boerboom, director of the NDSU Extension Service, presented the awards during the 24th annual Agriculture and Extension Faculty/Staff Awards program. Forty-nine people were nominated this year.
The 2015 award recipients were:
- Larson/Yaggie Excellence in Research Award - Jason Harmon, assistant professor, School of Natural Resource Sciences (Entomology)
- Eugene R. Dahl Excellence in Research Award - William Wilson, professor, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics
- Earl and Dorothy Foster Excellence in Teaching Award - Teresa Bergholz, assistant professor, Department of Veterinary and Microbiological Sciences
- H.Roald and Janet Lund Excellence in Teaching Award - Thomas Bon, associate professor, Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- William J. and Angelyn A. Austin Excellence in Advising Award - Elton Solseng, instructor, Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- Myron and Muriel Johnsrud Excellence in Extension/Outreach Award - Abbey Wick, Extension soil health specialist, School of Natural Resource Sciences (Soil Science)
- AGSCO Excellence in Extension Award - Rita Ussatis, Extension agent, Cass County
- Charles and Linda Moses Staff Award - Dallas Morlock, computer programmer, North Dakota Agricultural Weather Network
- Donald and Jo Anderson Staff Award - Kamie Beeson, information systems management/secretarial support services, Department of Plant Sciences
- Rick and Jody Burgum Staff Award - Terri Lindquist, finance paraprofessional, Hettinger Research Extension Center