NDSU Agriculture, Extension Faculty and Staff Honored
North Dakota State University faculty and staff received awards for excellence in research, teaching, Extension and support staff efforts in an awards ceremony on campus Dec. 7.
Ken Grafton, vice president for Agricultural Affairs, director of the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station, and dean of the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources (CAFSNR); David Buchanan, associate dean for academic programs in the CAFSNR; and Chris Boerboom, director of the NDSU Extension Service, presented the awards during the 26th annual Agriculture and Extension Faculty/Staff Awards program. Forty-four people were nominated this year.
The 2017 award recipients were:
- Larson/Yaggie Excellence in Research Award - Juan Osorno, associate professor, Department of Plant Sciences
- Eugene R. Dahl Excellence in Research Award - Frank Manthey, professor, Department of Plant Sciences
- Earl and Dorothy Foster Excellence in Teaching Award - Loren Baranko, lecturer, Department of Animal Sciences
- H. Roald and Janet Lund Excellence in Teaching Award - Sarah Wagner, professor, Department of Animal Sciences
- William J. and Angelyn A. Austin Excellence in Advising Award - Marc Bauer, associate professor, Department of Animal Sciences
- Myron and Muriel Johnsrud Excellence in Extension/Outreach Award - Miranda Meehan, Extension livestock environmental stewardship specialist, Department of Animal Sciences
- AGSCO Excellence in Extension Award - Rick Schmidt, Extension agent, Oliver County
- Charles and Linda Moses Staff Award - Shelley Horne, research specialist, Department of Microbiological Sciences
- Donald and Jo Anderson Staff Award - Shannon Ueker, administrative secretary, Department of Plant Sciences
- Rick and Jody Burgum Staff Award - Thomas Brown, assistant herdsman, Department of Animal Sciences