Campus Space and Facilities Committee
Campus signage - all signs and symbols that provide direction and identify buildings,sites, and functions on the NDSU campus for members of the University community and visitors.
Criteria for Campus Signage:
- All signage must be a common standard, must conform to all safety and access requirements and be visible both night and day.
- The common signage standard must be approved by the Space and Facilities Committee.
- The Director of Physical Plant must approve all expenditures for campus signs.
- The campus signage standard must take into account:
4.2 campus traditions
4.3 visual and communicative clarity
- Signage standards must apply to all permanent signs, exterior and interior, that are fixed to campus facilities and/or placed on campus grounds.
- The signage standard will be applied to all new and replacement signs.
- The signage standard must comply with state and federal regulations regarding access for handicapped persons.
- All entrances to the campus must have directional signs.
- Buildings must be identified/signed first by building name and may be identified by function.
- Existing campus signage should be assessed and improvements made relative to a common standard.
- The Campus Space and Facilities Committee may approve exceptions to the campus signage standards.
December 15, 1992; Amended March 19, 1993