Blackboard is a learning management tool that is available to instructors for all NDSU courses. Sites are also automatically created for all NDSU student organizations. Additionally, Blackboard sites are available for groups and teams that need a space to share information and collaborate. Important notes about Blackboard:
- A variety of collaboration tools are available includuing discussion boards, chat, file management and audio/video conferencing.
- No software to purchase. The Blackboard is available at no charge.
- Ongoing training and support is provided.
- All NDSU students, faculty and staff have network permission to use Blackboard.
- Sites for individual classes are also created (and students are automatically enrolled.)
Items to consider in choosing to use the Blackboard:
- Blackboard is really an internal communication tool for classes, groups and teams. Although all students, faculty and staff can access the system, they only have access to specific sites.
|Who can use it to distribute information?||NDSU business units,|
operational teams and
service lines; Ag
affiliates; student organizations
|What will the address be?||bb.ndsu.nodak.edu|
|What type of content can be shared?||Web pages and files related to courses, groups or project. Collaboration features also provided|
|Who can see the content?||Authenticated users only.|
|How is content developed and managed?||Bb user interface.|
|How long can the site remain online?||Courses - one semester (typically)|
Groups - As arragned. Annual review for activity.
Training Resources and Assistance for Blackboard
Starting to Use Blackboard
There are several options to create a Blackboard site.
Instructors can log in to Blackboard (https://bb.ndsu.nodak.edu), click on Bb Help, and then click "Create a New Course." This will automatically create a Blackboard site.
Students or Staff who wish to create a collaboration area for teams or groups should e-mail their request to NDSU.HelpDesk@ndsu.edu or call 231-8685.